Gauge mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falconpilot

Registered
Reaction score
Well i was given a Sea Doo DPV last year and have played with it a bit. I had a old compass and depth gauge that i decided i wanted to mount on it. I made a bracket to go on a spare nose cone and got it mounted. Looks good and hope to try it out soon.. I got the compass far enough from the magnet switches and outside the field of the motor to have it point correctly.

Anybody else ever done one of these?

Dennis

Attachments

• img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 206
The pics are not the greatest as i used my camera phone..

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 136
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 123
That might actually work. I'll be interested to hear how it is on a dive

Waiting for the water to warm up.. The other nice thing is that i can move the nose cone to other units....

Dennis

Here is my write up
Mako compass mount

Can you read them when scootering? I have my compass mounted off the handle, and can barely read it. I also use a harness though, so my scooter is way out in front. I am gonna swap my compass out for an SK7 so it will be more readable.

You can see the Tekna module with compass and depth guage on the Red Rocket.

DSCF0286.jpg

N

Anyone tried mounting a compass on a torpedo DPV or have any ideas on it?

This is so basic I really can't believe I hadn't tried it before. It's just a wrist mount computer and wrist mount compass attached to my sea scooter-literally 1 minute to attach to the handle bar-and it works perfect-and two less things I need to attach to myself!

Scratch the compass-the motor completely screws it up

Attachments

• gtigauge.jpg
    gtigauge.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Well i was given a Sea Doo DPV last year and have played with it a bit. I had a old compass and depth gauge that i decided i wanted to mount on it. I made a bracket to go on a spare nose cone and got it mounted. Looks good and hope to try it out soon.. I got the compass far enough from the magnet switches and outside the field of the motor to have it point correctly.

Anybody else ever done one of these?

Dennis

how did you mount them to the plate up on the nose?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom