In South Florida May 19-28 - Looking for Guides or Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Florida trip has been approved by work so I will be in South Florida from May 19-May 28, 2008.

I will be at a training course [-]in Miami [/-]in Plantation from May 20-22, and then staying until May 28th on personal time.

I am probably going to be flying into Fort Lauderdale and I spoke to South Florida Diving Headquarters about a Monday (May 19th) afternoon two tank dive. They said it would be $74 (weights and tank included) and $50 for a DM guide. I think $50 is high, because I know I paid Pro Diver less. So if someone experienced who knows the area wants to dive that day and play guide, I can give you a $20 tip. I don't have much ocean experience (11 ocean + 13 quarry) and I suck at navigation, so I'm not comfortable with just an insta-buddy and no DM guide.

[-]I might dive with RJs in Miami during the week, I don't know the training schedule yet...so I don't know how much "free time" there will be. [/-]

I will most likely be staying in Fort Lauderdale for the weekend (May 23-25) and might try out some shore diving in Lauderdale by the Sea (I've never done a real shore dive before) and/or another boat dive.

I'm thinking about doing my first night-dive too...but I don't want to overdo it with the "firsts" in one trip.

From May 26-28 I'm heading to the Keys and hope to be able to do some diving in Key Largo.

I will also be spending time checking out neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale and Miami because I plan to move down there in the next year or so. The plan is still in the embryonic stages, so I'll post more details as they materialize. If anyone thinks they might be interested in buddying up and/or leading some dives for a tip please respond to this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks!!

Update-I just got the actual location for my "Miami Training" and it's being held in Plantation, FL...not so much Miami, huh. So I'll be staying from May 19 to May 25 in the Fort Lauderdale area, and then May 26 to 28 in the Keys somewhere.

I know a night shore dive, we could dive the site in the daylight then we could come back to the same site for a night shore dive. Be sure to look me up when you get here :wink:

PM me. Diving is always a good reason to skip a day of work.

Rick

Wait a sec here. I thought that princesses all came equipped with an entourage and official hangers-on. That was all part of the deal. They even suposedly come with a Royal Ars... oops, can't go there.
If you check into the contents of your entourage, you should see "dive varlet" listed there. That should solve that problem. If the listing is not there, then you need to contact the Head Royal office at: +44 (0) 20 7321 2233 and ask for Betty. If she's not busy walking her Corgis, she'll fix things for you.

I just can't believe there's only 5 replies to this thread...

I'm sure there's been a ton of PM's...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom