The Marine life in Vanautu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pam and Stella

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All!!!

How is the Macro life in Vanautu? Has anyone ever spent an extended stay there? I'm trying to find a safe place to possibly relocate and manage a resort or see if one can actually survive buying a place.

Thank u in advance for any information:)

Glorious Diving,

Pam

Hi,

I've only spent two weeks at the end of 2001 but a lovely two weeks it was.

I didn't get a chance to dive in Port Villa but I've heard there's good sealife there.

I spent most of my time in Santo and did most of the dives on the President Coolidge. There was some good marine life (don't know too much about macros - I assume small creatures you were talking about?). It was great fun seeing a huge dugong during a deco stop. But overall, Santo's best offerings underwater are the wrecks.

I worked In Port Villa for 12 months in the IT field

The diving is excellent; there are many fantastic wrecks to dive there. The only drawback you are going to have is the amount of LDS's already in Port Vila there are 5 last time I was there. They all compete hard for the divers, and don't make much cash out of it.

One of the Dive shops in Santo (Northern Island) was for sale early last year, might still be on the market. They have the Coolidge up there, one of the world’s biggest wrecks.

Most divers don't bother much with Villa and head straight up to Santo for the Coolidge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom