Diving Around Port Charlotte, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonMurray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any suggestions for diving locations around the Port Charlotte, FL area? Say within a 100mi radius? (Port Charlotte is on the Gulf Coast side about halfway between Ft. Meyers and Sarasota - but I'm sure the members of this forum already know that...)

Only have OW certification so I'm looking for easy but interesting dives.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Oh Boy! Another Port Charlotte Person!:D Welcome to the board! As for shore dives, there is Red Rock Reef & 17th Street Reef off of Boca Grande & then there are plenty of sites in Venice including Alhambra, Service Club & the new park which just opened next to the pier & Sharky's. If you have a boat, off shore there is Mary's Reef, Trembly & Rich Novak reef & the Palm Island Ferry.

I go at least once a month to Venice Beach. there are several spots you can do a beach dive. Also at Depthfinder's LDS they are running a new charter thats charging only $35.00 to go out to the boneyard. At the boneyard you'll find some great sharks teeth. I found a 4 1/2 inch med last time I went.

I go at least once a month to Venice Beach. there are several spots you can do a beach dive. Also at Depthfinder's LDS they are running a new charter thats charging only $35.00 to go out to the boneyard. At the boneyard you'll find some great sharks teeth. I found a 4 1/2 inch med last time I went.

Where is Depthfinders LDS? Any contact info would be very helpful.

wow, that website brings me back to the early 90's

Early 90's? More like the 70s Terry looks exactly like Barry Gibb!

Somehow I've got to find the time to help him update the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom