Rax is a lucky dog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
He just called me. They saw a whale shark on the Speigel Grove today!

WW

did he get pics??? I don't care if they are crapp...I want to see them....

No, he didn't, he only got a quick look at it apparently.

He probably wasn't carrying his camera as he's doing a deco procedures class.

WW

Damn other life supporting gear taking priority on what equipment to take down....

oh well...good for him...a nice treat after running the auctions...

ok, that does it!
Tom, let's go! I'll pick you up on the way! :eek:ut:

I'm sure he'll be on later to brag about it, I just thought I'd get the ball rolling for him :)

canuckdiver once bubbled...
ok, that does it!
Tom, let's go! I'll pick you up on the way! :eek:ut:

Hey man I-75 goes right through Dayton....care for a hitch-hiker

We were doing a 2nd dive on the Grove (as part of the adv. nitrox/deco class).

Plan was to do a drifting ascent. At the end of the dive, I rigged my lift bag and shot it (takes me a little bit to accomplish that). I looked over at the instructor to give him an "ok" after shooting the bag and saw him frantically pointing up. I looked up and saw an outline about 50ft above me. I'm thinking: "what is that? a boat?, No.... a .... shark???? Hmmm.... must be a big shark." I only saw it for about 4 seconds.

When we got to the surface (about 1/2 - 1 mile from the grove), Barbara (on the boat) is asking if we saw the whale shark that was above us. She saw it next to my bag as she was following it.

Bob (the instructor) said it came down and passed right behind us and then went back up.

Of course I missed most of it while screwing around with the liftbag. And nope... no camera during the class.

On to the Bibb tommorrow.

ok rax, I thought I liked you but now well I might just have to hurt you for rubbing it in that I have never seen a whale shark.
:rolleyes:

sounds like a good dive though, congrats :D :) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom