Dive Rite Express and their customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

480 volt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First let me say I bought about $3500 worth of DR equipment from DRX, they are a great company. I could have e-mailed diffrent companies and got a better price, but I knew it would be delivered with out any problems and my time is very valuable. So here is my story. I ordered a 24 watt DR light and during intro on my third dive I was refocusing and the reflector snapped right where the screws were attached to the handle. So I email DRX and they tell me to either send it them or contact DR. Here goes the email process, no reply. So I contact DRX and they say send it on. So I get a email back from DRX that DR thinks that it was abuse. So I went to DRX and orderd a reflector for $85 and let them no this would be my last DR purchase. If I would have thought I had caused the problem why would I waist my time. The reflector might cost $20 to DR to keep a custumer. Don,t get me wrong I am not mad, just dissapointed in DR. If you are interesting in a light buy Salvo, I here it in my dreams from my cave buddies. I told you so, I told you so. I think I am diving with Randy Travis. Forgive me for my spelling, I am tired, I am electrical contractor and I am tired. thanks guy,s for letting me vent.

This is one they probably will not be asking for permission to reprint in their customer testimonials. "DR thinks that it was abuse" sounds like they just don't have the right approach to good customer service. Even Walmart does better than that with customer service.

You're right... abuse or not it would have benefited them more in the long run to have just replaced it.

I've had my my issues with DR, but never with customer service. This is sad to hear and I hope a DR rep addresses your issue.

Send a PM to Jordan. He works for Dive Rite. (of course he doesn't visit here much anymore either...)

From your explanation of how it broke off, doesn't seem like you abused it.
Sounds like Dive Rite should replace it. You don't expect a $1200 to $1300 light to have the reflector snap off on the 3rd dive.

If they don't fix it, then "spread the word".

i have a ton of dive rite equipment... never had any problems. as for customer service, i had a $150 reel that had a crack in the spool, and i never even got to use it. i didn't recall dropping it, but when we called them, they sent a new one free of charge right to the store and didn't even ask for the old broken one back...

all the other gear are regs, wings, plates, gauges, cannister lights, etc... no issues at all.

from what i know, most manufacturers have a lot of losses due to abuse, so when calls are made to them, they really never know what happened. the store has credibility because they sell you the products and know you... they are likely to believe the store.

the other side of the coin is also that we actually broke the item and feel like someone else should pay. if we break something, shouldn't we have some responsibility? at what point is use, abuse? who knows... but are we honest with ourselves to admit that we could have actually broken it...?

just my perspective.

--c

Can you post a photo?

I've had my my issues with DR, but never with customer service. This is sad to hear and I hope a DR rep addresses your issue.

That's been my experience too. I don't have much DR gear, but they just fixed up my Nitek HE in less than a week and for a great price too. Very friendly and professional on the phone. I wish all my vendor 'experiences' were that good.

First let me say I bought about $3500 worth of DR equipment from DRX, they are a great company. I could have e-mailed diffrent companies and got a better price, but I knew it would be delivered with out any problems and my time is very valuable. So here is my story. I ordered a 24 watt DR light and during intro on my third dive I was refocusing and the reflector snapped right where the screws were attached to the handle. So I email DRX and they tell me to either send it them or contact DR. Here goes the email process, no reply. So I contact DRX and they say send it on. So I get a email back from DRX that DR thinks that it was abuse. So I went to DRX and orderd a reflector for $85 and let them no this would be my last DR purchase. If I would have thought I had caused the problem why would I waist my time. The reflector might cost $20 to DR to keep a custumer. Don,t get me wrong I am not mad, just dissapointed in DR. If you are interesting in a light buy Salvo, I here it in my dreams from my cave buddies. I told you so, I told you so. I think I am diving with Randy Travis. Forgive me for my spelling, I am tired, I am electrical contractor and I am tired. thanks guy,s for letting me vent.

Hi 480 Volt,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about your experience! It is a common misconception that DRX and Dive Rite are the same company...we are not. DRX is one of our dealers.

I checked with our service manager and we just received your reflector from DRX. By the looks of it, it appears that it should be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, when we first received the reflector, we did not receive any information about how the reflector cracked or that it was a brand-new light. Thanks for giving us the background...that helps us make a more accurate assessment of the problem.

In the future, please feel free to contact us directly with a repair if you believe you are not getting the service you need from our dealers. However, I will say that our dealer network typically does an outstanding job with their service and again, I am sorry that has not been your experience in this case.

Information on our warranty and service repair policy: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Warranty Policy

We will get you fixed up and DRX will have a replacement reflector for you in a few days.

Best,
Kathleen

There you go 480 volt!! Isnt Diverite the best??!! Next time you have an issue with your gear just send it directly to DiveRite!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom