Key Largo May 9 & 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A buddy and I are flying into Ft lauderdale May 9th around 11 am and was looking for an afternoon dive somewhere in Key Largo. Don't think we'll have time to make it to the usual 1pm boat time that most operators have scheduled but was wondering if anyone knew of any boat trip that leaves later in the afternoon. I have searched but have not found any except some night dives. We would also be willing to do a shore dive if there's anything around Key largo. Also looking for a place to stay for one night and a Boat dive on Saturday....Thanks, David

With that schedule, I think you'd be better served to either:
A)stay in Ft. Lauderdale or
B)shore dive in Ft. Lauderdale on your arrival day, drive to Key Largo and boat dive on Saturday or
C)drive to Key Largo, rest up, schedule a night dive, and dive again on Saturday

there's really no shore diving in Key Largo and with an 11AM arrival, you'll be extremely hard pressed to get on a boat in the Keys that same afternoon
there is, however excellent shore diving in Lauderdale...just ask on this board and many will respond either with suggestions and/or offers to dive w/ you

I concur except I'll add that if you land on schedule, you can make the American Dream II afternoon trip. He's literally a 10 minute drive from the FLL airport. After the dive, get some grub and then head to Key Largo as rush hour traffic will be ending.

That's more realistic than trying to find an operator in Key largo that would change their schedule for two divers.

I concur except I'll add that if you land on schedule, you can make the American Dream II afternoon trip. He's literally a 10 minute drive from the FLL airport. After the dive, get some grub and then head to Key Largo as rush hour traffic will be ending.

That's more realistic than trying to find an operator in Key largo that would change their schedule for two divers.

This sounds like a more realistic plan.

Looking at the ADII schedule for Friday 5/9, I think you need to post an afternoon trip here on the board because it shows "open" which means there's nothing booked and two divers won't make the boat run so rally your Scubaboard brothers and sisters with a "start the weekend early Friday afternoon dive followed by a happy hour at the 1/4Deck dive". We love both diving and happy hours :D

You've got a lot of quality choices in Key Largo - Tavernier - Islamorada so I'll just throw out the names of the Scubaboard favorites:

Key Largo:
Silent World Key Largo
HMS Minnow
Quiesence

Tavernier:
Conch Republic

Islamorada
Rainbow Reef

Thanks for the help....we have decided to dive with Silent World in Key Largo Saturday & Sunday. I called American Dream and put in a request for a 1pm dive on Friday but we're still looking for something on Friday if that doesn't work out

If you can not find a boat dive out of Lauderdale, you can always do a shore dive. There are two reef lines, and while the reef is not dramatic in general, it's a nice dive.

I dive Lauderdale by the Sea. Maybe some locals will show up if you tell them you will be there! You can do a 1hour and 45 minute dive there or more if you can stretch air!

Not sure when you will get out of the airport in time, but there is also Boynton only 30 minutes up the beach!

You can likely make the 1pm Pompano boats as well if ADII doesn't get a trip together. Try calling Captain Conrad on the Miss Conduct and see if he's got a trip running, he only needs three divers to run. Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters

You can likely make the 1pm Pompano boats as well if ADII doesn't get a trip together. Try calling Captain Conrad on the Miss Conduct and see if he's got a trip running, he only needs three divers to run. Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters

I used Captain Conrad before and he's good too... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom