Sangalaki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KT Darius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm currently in contact with Ron Holland/ Jeremy Stein's shop (I forget the name) in Sangalaki about going there for a holiday with my girlfriend. Has anyone been there? As it's a bit pricey, I just want to make sure that I hit it at the right time. They've told me the standard stuff, but as I'm based in Asia, I can really go anytime and I want to give myself as much chance as possible to get lucky with regard to the seasons and the marine life.

I'd appreciate any input with regard to the diving, accommodation or any other recommendations. Cheers from Koh Tao.

Darius

They were offering attractive specials at Adex recently - Maybe you could get them to offer the same deal...

I visited several years ago in June and weather / water conditions were perfect.

Cheers Frogfish.

I skipped ADEX this year. Any idea what was on offer by them? All the best.

All,

Not sure if operation has improved since Jeremy Stein's involvement in Sangalaki Dive Lodge. But a few years back, when it was just Ron Holland and his wife Aima running the place, I had REALLY bad experience with them. Ended up not going there at all. Search for Sangalaki and you will find my post.

Kadek (if it's the same Kadek I dealt with) above has a simple place on Derawan Island, and it's very reasonably priced. PM him and see if it is available. I was there with him a couple of years back and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

Excellent diving at all the islands there - Sangalaki for mantas, Kakaban for Jelly Fish Lake and Maratua for the big stuff.

Again, not sure if operation has improved at SDL, I would be very interested in finding out.

However, if I were to return, I would probably stay at Derawan again as I had such a great experience with Kadek. And he was supposed to get a speed boat too - not sure if that came to fruition or not...

Hi there.....

Yes Iam Kadek the one was working at sangalaki, now we are running small dive center at Danakan Losmen, Yes now we have a dive boat....!!!!!!

Cheap diving... same Diving Quality with good experience dive Guide on the area.... local dive guide is better.

Regards,

Kadek

Hi there.....

Yes Iam Kadek the one was working at sangalaki, now we are running small dive center at Danakan Losmen, Yes now we have a dive boat....!!!!!!

Cheap diving... same Diving Quality with good experience dive Guide on the area.... local dive guide is better.

Regards,

Kadek

More info you can call me at +62-81346217872 or email kadek112003@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom