Madison Blue: What C-Card Is Required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aucilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am certified by NACD as a "Cavern Diver," and stay within my training limits. I have dived at Madison Blue spring on a number of occasions; and have shown them my certification card. I recently noticed, on their website, the following:

Cavern and cave diving only, no open water diving. All cavern divers must be accompanied by a certified cave diver or instructor. All divers must show proof of certification prior to diving....​

Is it true that they interpret this to accept Cavern Certification only, without a "cave diver or instructor" along? I don't want to go over there and not be able to dive.

Thanks.

You can dive there at Cavern level without an Instructor, I've done it.

I would call first. I've heard of cavern divers being turned away by the park ranger there.

I would call first. I've heard of cavern divers being turned away by the park ranger there.

One of the rangers once tried to turn me away with an intro card. I think there has been some effort to educate the park staff there. I've been able to dive there every time I've gone though. But I don't think I ever went there with just a cavern card.

I think there has been some effort to educate the park staff there.

I read the same thing on some of the forums, supposedly the rangers have everything cleared up as far as who's allowed(cavern and up).

Yeah, but do you want to trust that before you make a 3 hour drive? Especially when the usual ranger calls in sick and they send a replacement that's not used to working there and can only find the old rules in the park manual... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom