Vyper vs Versa Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got it narrowed down to these two. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has dived both.

Which one has a larger display (I seem to remember that they are about the same). Since I use reading glasses, I want the largest display possible.

Unfortunatly, the LDSs in this area don't carry them. I looked around in Seattle, but it has been a while.

Thanks,

Rich

Vsersa pro has a larger display. the real difference is that the versa pro is more liberal than the viper. You can always dive the versa pro more conservatively by using its bar graph to back off.

Just remember, a computer is no substitute for your brain.

I am a new vyper owner and I am really please with it's operation. It's easy to use and move through the various functions and menus. Oh yes, the display is large enough for me to see especially with the backlighting.

Rich,

Just travelled this road myself and went with the Suunto option.
Sales were on, I was buying a new BC at the same time so I managed a great deal on a Cobra (Vyper with hose air-integration)

After doing some research, it came down to the fact that the Suunto is more conservative. I'm not in great shape, haven't dived for a bit and wanted to be cautious.

Also, when I looked around, more people I know used Suuntos therefore I'll be using the same computer algorythm as my buddy 9 times out of 10.

You'll find the Vyper cheaper than the Versa and the Suunto download kit cheaper than the Oceanic - at least that's how it works out here in the UK.

However, I think the Versa will be easier to read. Numbers on screen are bigger and the display is slightly simpler - maybe something to think about if you don't have 20/20 vision.

Rich,

I am looking at the same two computers and wondered which one you decided on and have you been diving with it?

Do you think the more liberal Oceanic is anything to worry about?

Thanks,
Debbie

Rich,

I recently purchased a new computer and like you, my two finalists were the Vyper and the Versa Pro. Display size was also a major consideration for me.

I decided to go with the Vyper for two reasons. First is the overwhelming support for the Suunto computers by the knowledgable participants on this board.

Second, the display is "big enough" that I have no problem at all seeing it, on land or in the water. Although the Versa Pro may be a little bigger, the difference is not that great.

I went through a similar decision and bought the Versa Pro. So far no regrets. Big display and very easy to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom