Daisy Chain Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know this is actually a DRX question but they dont seem to know so perhaps DR can answer, almost 3 weeks ago DRX advised they would be selling the new Daisy Chain Pockets within the week, 3 weeks have passed and they still dont have them when I questioned them again they simply mailed me "Not yet" with no additional info:shakehead: I must say the service I rec from DRX has never been that great and the person who replies to emails could use a course in "being friendly" If there was another distributer who stocked the same selection I would jump ship in a flash, with the amount of money I send their way I would expect more friendly service, I realise this is not DRs problem but perhaps someone from DRX will see it and take note.

I know this is actually a DRX question but they dont seem to know so perhaps DR can answer, almost 3 weeks ago DRX advised they would be selling the new Daisy Chain Pockets within the week, 3 weeks have passed and they still dont have them when I questioned them again they simply mailed me "Not yet" with no additional info:shakehead: I must say the service I rec from DRX has never been that great and the person who replies to emails could use a course in "being friendly" If there was another distributer who stocked the same selection I would jump ship in a flash, with the amount of money I send their way I would expect more friendly service, I realise this is not DRs problem but perhaps someone from DRX will see it and take note.

Hey buddasummer,

Not sure which pocket you are looking for, however we blew out the first shipment of Bellows Velcro Pocket, Trauma Shears w/Sheath and the Thigh Pocket, however our next shipment should be here any day now. That is probably why DRX doesn't have those particular pockets in stock.

The rest we have a small quantity remaining (until we get our shipment). Sorry...these are more popular than we expected and we sold through quickly.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Hey buddasummer,

Not sure which pocket you are looking for, however we blew out the first shipment of Bellows Velcro Pocket, Trauma Shears w/Sheath and the Thigh Pocket, however our next shipment should be here any day now. That is probably why DRX doesn't have those particular pockets in stock.

The rest we have a small quantity remaining (until we get our shipment). Sorry...these are more popular than we expected and we sold through quickly.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Thanks Kathleen, Im looking for the new thigh pocket, it looks like the new design will fix the "moving around" problem others have complained about, ok Ill keep checking DRX web site.

Now for sale on the DRX web site. Are there any high-res pictures of how the accessories attach to the daisy chain? I can't really understand how from any of the pages I have seen and I'd like to know how they attach before I order.

Hi Terrillja,

Have a look at these two pics to get an idea on how you can attach the accessories to the pocket.

daisy chain pocket on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
daisy chain pocket on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Let us know if you need further clarification and we'll be happy to help!

Best,
Ag

Now for sale on the DRX web site. Are there any high-res pictures of how the accessories attach to the daisy chain? I can't really understand how from any of the pages I have seen and I'd like to know how they attach before I order.

Questions to Dive Rite or to others that have this pocket:

I think the daisy chain connection point for the accessories is a fantastic idea and well designed, however I have a concern. Why would you want the shears or knife on the outside of the pocket? It seems like an entanglement point to me. Just trying to figure out why you would put things on the outside of a pocket.

Question for people who have purchased these pockets. What are your thoughts on them, do you like the design, how do they perform?

Thanks
Sheahan

Questions to Dive Rite or to others that have this pocket:

I think the daisy chain connection point for the accessories is a fantastic idea and well designed, however I have a concern. Why would you want the shears or knife on the outside of the pocket? It seems like an entanglement point to me. Just trying to figure out why you would put things on the outside of a pocket.
I don't have them. Having said that, you put things on the outside so you can actually get at them, and so you can put them away without stabbing/cutting yourself. When you have to get a line cutter stat to get out of gillnet, do you want to be fishing around in your pocket or just yank it loose and cut away. Leaving a z-knife loose in your pocket is an amputation or serious laceration waiting to happen.

My advice: if you want minimalist, this is probably not your best bet. Get a steak knife, put it in a sheath, keep in on your waist. However, your chance of entanglement isn't too serious compared to your first stage. I'd worry about a lot of things before I worry about getting tangled up on my waist or hip or thigh, where you can easily detangle.

I love the daisy chain idea. Any chance it may appear on the Transpac harnesses? Maybe the shoulder straps?

I have one of the pockets..I keep a rolled up snorkel and a back up light on a carabiner attached inside the pocket to the lanyard...(and also loop my long hose under it)

I love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom