Seaquest Balance: Sizing/Fit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaywu

New
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question for someone who owns a Balance BCD:

How tight does the belt clasp need to be? Im used to the secure feel of a cummerbund, and in order to get that snug fit, I have to tighten a size medium just about as far as it will go. A size small is out of the question, since its too short and the clasp ends up higher than my belly button.

thanks!
-J

I have a large Balance and I always have the waist belt tightened all the way. With the waistband tightened all the way it is still a little loose and I don't have any troubles with the BC shifting but it is not that loose. Given that, I wish it was a little snugger but it works for me.

As long as the BC does not shift and fits comfortably, I think that the tightness of the waist belt is a personal thing. I have been happy with the Balance and think that it is a comfortable BC. The waist belt is my only complaint with the fit of the BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom