Opinions on Dive Rite SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Large_Diver,
Yes, I use that guage. I especially like the readability and graduations. Very accurate SPG.

Larry

Yes, without the rubber covering. No complaints at all.

Well...maybe one tiny one. It's sometimes hard to read precise measurements in the redzone, which begins around 750 psi.

I've got them on all my stage/deco regs. Sans boot. Bought from NESS in fact, too.

Roak

I use that one, and (horrors!) leave the rubber boot on...
I like it just fine.
E. itajara

My buddy and I also use the Dive Rite gauges. Very heavy and study feeling. We removed the boot (DIR req.). Very easy to see pressure at 100psi incremints. I recommend them.

zimm once bubbled...
My buddy and I also use the Dive Rite gauges. Very heavy and study feeling. We removed the boot (DIR req.). Very easy to see pressure at 100psi incremints. I recommend them.

Ditto...word for word. I removed the boot. Thing is nice and sturdy. I hear nice things about the OMS as well, FWIW.

I've got one, removed the boot, tied on a bolt snap & switched to a 24" HP hose. Top rate.

Dave D

I have the same SPG.. Nice unit.. Very sturdy.. I even kept the boot on :eek:
Could someone please explain why everybody is removing the boot? Its pretty streamlined compared to other gauges.. and just saying its DIR won't cut it.. I need a better explanation to understand... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom