Buying a Dive computer, please help with choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clarifon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, Im buying a new dive computer and would like to know if anyone can suggest which one to get. Im currently looking at the DC hunter (IQ 700) and the DC Sapience (IQ 800) from Tusa.

Id like to know if anyone owns one or both of these and can give me any comments on them. Are tusa good dive computers? Will this be a good choice for my first dive computer? Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated. Ive looked around on the internet and done a fair share of searching but I dont know alot about dive computers and I know most people here have more knowledge than me. I kinda need to get the info fast cause I wanna buy it before thursday. :p

Links

DC sapience Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-800 DC SAPIENCE [IQ-800] - $0.00
DC hunter Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-700 DC HUNTER [IQ-700] - $0.00

Thanks in advance

I use the sherwood wisdom.

never had any problems simple to use and you can change the battery yourself which you should only get if you can change the battery your self.

Hi guys, Im buying a new dive computer and would like to know if anyone can suggest which one to get. Im currently looking at the DC hunter (IQ 700) and the DC Sapience (IQ 800) from Tusa.

Id like to know if anyone owns one or both of these and can give me any comments on them. Are tusa good dive computers? Will this be a good choice for my first dive computer? Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated. Ive looked around on the internet and done a fair share of searching but I dont know alot about dive computers and I know most people here have more knowledge than me. I kinda need to get the info fast cause I wanna buy it before thursday. :p

Links

DC sapience Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-800 DC SAPIENCE [IQ-800] - $0.00
DC hunter Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-700 DC HUNTER [IQ-700] - $0.00

Thanks in advance
You might want to check out an old article on scubadiving.com, Article 3685. It reviews the IQ-700 and has a mention of the IQ-800. I remember reading this article when it first came out in 2004. I really liked the idea of a computer than vibrates the alarm. There are a lot of times I cannot hear my Wisdom2 alarm.

I don't have any practical experience with the TUSA computers however.

Don't know about either. I use an Aeris Atmos 2. I like it, but it has been replaced by the Aeris Atmos XR2.

IQ-700

It is relatively cheap(I got mine new for about 300$ in Okinawa). It is the same (exactly the same!)computer as Dive-rite Nitek. You can change the batteries yourself. Easy to read display. Has a good backlight. Nitrox ready for 2 mixes. Also has a PC interface if you happen to be into that kind of thing.

Also- Deep Sea Supply makes a bungie mount for it, if you don't like watch straps.

I have the 800. Never had any problems. I like the vibro feature.

I originally had the 700 which is multi gas. Exchanged it for the 800 because it was easier to read.

I haven't heard a lot of the Tusa computers. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. Personally I stuck with the popular brands, that way I know that they have been tried and tested.

Tusa makes a lot of OEM gear for other makers. Such as Scubapro regs, etc. So you may be using gear manufactured by Tusa and not even know it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom