Can I get some info on a PI dive trip? Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toms

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I have just over 500 dives all over the world but have not been to the Red Sea, Australia or the Philippines. So I’m in the planning stages for a trip this fall. Can anyone help me out concerning when is a good time to dive PI? And of course where? I’m guessing we like muck diving about as much as any type diving – but we are spoiled after 2 trips to Lembeh Straits. Of course there is nothing like swimming with the large pelagics, but again 2 visits to Palau can only make anywhere else seem less than it might really be. So please make suggestions – also is mid to late November a good time?

My wife and I have just over 500 dives all over the world but have not been to the Red Sea, Australia or the Philippines. So I’m in the planning stages for a trip this fall. Can anyone help me out concerning when is a good time to dive PI? And of course where? I’m guessing we like muck diving about as much as any type diving – but we are spoiled after 2 trips to Lembeh Straits. Of course there is nothing like swimming with the large pelagics, but again 2 visits to Palau can only make anywhere else seem less than it might really be. So please make suggestions – also is mid to late November a good time?

If you really like muck diving go to Dumaguete. We just got back from there and thought it was awesome. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort and it was incredible. We had a dive master that showed us so many small creatures. We loved it since we are into macro photography. We also enjoyed Puerto Galero where we stayed at the other Atlantis Resort. We would definitely go back to both resorts. Sorry but I don't know anything about the time of year to go except that we picked a pretty good time.

PI diving is year round. how long are you planning to stay? night life or quiet evenings?

some suggestions:

anilao - easy access 2 hour drive from manila, great macro sites & drift dives. quiet evenings.
puerto galera - 2hrs drive + 1 hour boat transfer from batangas pier. mixed diving types from macro to wrecks, small & big fish.
dumaguete - by plane from manila, from what i've seen here a place definitely on my "to visit" list.
bohol - pamilacan, balicasag, cabilao: also by plane from manila, great diving here check out trip reports & gilligan's photos in the underwater photography section

.....don't forget apo reef, but yeah, dumaguete will be great. A lot of dive destinations are just an hour ferry ride away from there. Apo island is just a 20minute bangka ride

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...ers/231151-philippine-advice.html#post3521700
Sorry, but I get writers cramp, writing about diving in the Philippines.
520 spc. coral in the whole world, 490 in the Philippines; 5,000 spc. fish in the Philippines.
If you like nudibranchs, go to Verde Is. passway 600 spc.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines.

WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom