05/02/08 Vortex Springs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Tara and I spent a few days in Panama City. We had planned a few wreck dives, but the weather didn't cooperate. Below are some pics some we took Friday at a Vortex. We ended up heading there after we posted from St.Andrews about the conditions. Thanks for the advice!!!

Too make it a little more fun we got squidly and bought some cheese-whiz. The eels were not impressed. When we got there 2 people were in the water. Viz was excellent to say the least, and water temps were in the upper 60's.

Vortex Springs in Ponce De Leon Florida. :)

Mother Tara and her school of fish. :)

vortex1.jpg

Following Tara...
vortex2.jpg

Carp and freshwater eel share the same snack.

vortex3.jpg

Fresh water eels. They seem very aggressive, or just overly friendly?:no

vortex4.jpg

Come a little closer... :p

vortex5.jpg

We did manage to get a few minutes in at St.Andrews Park Sunday, but the conditions were still a bit rough even at slack tide. Visibility was all of 3-5 feet so no pics were taken.

Tara and I spent a few days in Panama City. We had planned a few wreck dives, but the weather didn't cooperate. Below are some pics some we took Friday at a Vortex. We ended up heading there after we posted from St.Andrews about the conditions. Thanks for the advice!!!

Too make it a little more fun we got squidly and bought some cheese-whiz. The eels were not impressed. When we got there 2 people were in the water. Viz was excellent to say the least, and water temps were in the upper 60's.

Vortex Springs in Ponce De Leon Florida. :)

Mother Tara and her school of fish. :)

Following Tara...

Carp and freshwater eel share the same snack.

Fresh water eels. They seem very aggressive, or just overly friendly?:no

Come a little closer... :p

We did manage to get a few minutes in at St.Andrews Park Sunday, but the conditions were still a bit rough even at slack tide. Visibility was all of 3-5 feet so no pics were taken.

Looks like you had fun! I got in one cave dive at Vortex on Sunday. The vis was excellent. Hit and miss this time of year at the coast.

I normally would be against feeding the wildlife, but given the history at Vortex, I gotta try the cheezewiz trick, looks fun!

FYI, don't try that in the Caymans, sheesh!!!

IMG_3016.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom