DiveQuest in The Living Seas at EPCOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerseybeachdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My sixteen year old son and I recently dove the Living Seas at EPCOT. It was a nice change from the 50 degree water we have been diving in here in NJ. We decided to do this dive as it was a way to take a vacation and include the rest of our family that does not dive.

The staff provides the standard tour of the facility and the rehab area set aside to assist marine mammals involved in a mishap.

Disney provides all the gear, you can bring your own mask. The gear was in great shape and of good quality. Two dive masters accompany upto twelve divers into the tank. They do an outstanding job.

To some it may be restrictive, there is a strict hands off policy with the inhabitants in the tank. Federal law also restricts interfering with the turtles.

The entire event takes about two hours with a forty minute dive. The staff will sign your dive log and provide you with a DiveQuest t-shirt. All in all it was a great day.

We were hoping to learn of other similar expiriances and of other dives in the Orlando area. We take a Disney / Universal trip every two years.

What's that dive deal cost, start to finish?

I did it with my kids a couple of years ago and it was about $140 each.

The kids loved - showing off to the park visitors.

Its a put in the log book thing to me. Been there done that. I would not do again but my youngest (who is now 17) would do again in a heart beat!

yes the cost is $140.00 i just did this dive April 24th. i really enjoyed having to put on just a shorty and diving in 78 degree water, instead of the 2 layers of 7mm that we have to use up here in Canada at this time of the year. was able to interact with my 2 kids while underwater and they even got put on the dvd i got of my dive. the crew even brought my family behind the scenes to the dive room and they got to see and touch some of the sealife in the little tank in the dive room, i really enjoyed it as it was my first saltwater experience and the sealife was great sharks, turtles, big grouper, i would do it again in a heartbeat. was a great intro to saltwater and sharks, as i have nothing up here that will eat me while diving:D the tour greeters were great (kudos to Mike and Sean) and i think they were almost excited as we were about our experience. i guess you can never complain about 203' of viz and the only chop we had was the 1" ripple when we waded into the water. all in all a great experience and i can't wait till next year to get back down there and do it again. maybe after the next time i might actually get out to the open ocean and have my first open water salt dive

If you have a Disney VISA card through Chase Bank or are an annual pass holder there is a discount. 15% of the pass, 20% fo the Disney VISA card.

There is also a discount if you show your PADI membership card. Husband and I each paid $125 in June 2007 (instead of $140). It's an interesting dive with the sharks. But Hubby and I both missed the sense of serendipity of the open water, when you stumble upon cool things, never exactly the same even in the same place. Of course, I'd rather not stumble upon a big ol' shark.:11:

I hope you all enjoy the dive. We will be diving there again. I fully agree, there are none of the surprises you encounter in the ocean, but it is fun.

What did the non divers do when you preparing for the dive?...were they allowed back stage with you?......I'm looking to do this dive in the summer but think the kids ( boys 8 and 6) will be bored waiting for an hour for me to come out

Did they let you into the park after your dive?

Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom