Venice Beach anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8251reefer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning on taking my son out to Venice Beach this Saturday. Any great spots to shore dive from for teeth? Anyone have any luck farthur down on Capersin Beach near the airport and south of the peir?

Also, how is the Vis this time of year? If its 8-10 feet i'll go. Thanks.

I'm planning on taking my son out to Venice Beach this Saturday. Any great spots to shore dive from for teeth? Anyone have any luck farthur down on Capersin Beach near the airport and south of the peir?

Skip "Capersin"... run either Service Park, or Alhambra...

If going to Alhambra... go to the pipes (straight out the beach)... head southwest straight off the pipes (after the sand bar), to 15'. that is where it starts. Look on the white sand where there are patches of black... move out to 17-18' and go no further. You will hear the crackling of the reef... move north and south, look for the "gravel" areas. If your eyesight is good, you will pickup areas where there are 10 teeth before you can put them in your bag... (you do have a bag to collect, or a sock?)...

Also, I would suggest some sort of "tether" to keep you two in range (not knowing son's experience or comfort level) VIS can be a limiting factor at VB. Yes, it is only 18', but you can separate easily... good luck!

I'm planning on taking my son out to Venice Beach...

I've done Venice shore dives each day since last Thursday. The vis has been at least 8-10, and over 20 if you went out past the 20' depth point. I'll be going off the beach again today and doing a charter to the boneyard tomorrow so I'll give another update later. This has been at Service Club park and the park adjoining the north end of Sharkeys, I haven't gone out from Alhambra or the public beach yet this week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom