Aeris Atmos LX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRPerkins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just starting out and leaning toward this BC. Does anyone own one or used one and have comments? Ran a search and couldn't come up with a hit. Thanks!

I've had my Atmos LX for almost a year now and really like it. It is comfortable and stable. The pockets are a decent size. I usually carry a slate, 120ft. finger spool, and a backup light in them with room to spare. The weight pockets are easy to remove and replace, even while wearing, yet are secure.

I'm not too sure if I buy into the whole "hybrid" label of it though. It behaves like a typical back inflate, especially on the surface, at least in my opinion. If you put too much air in it it will dump you face first in the water. I find it easier to just put in enough air to float me and usually swim on my back on the surface. It's not a big deal as long as you are used to it and your buddy understands this in case of emergency.

As with just about any gear purchase, I'd suggest trying one out, if possible, before buying.

Dove one for several years and really liked it. Used it for even large HP 130 tanks without any trouble at all.

Just starting out and leaning toward this BC. Does anyone own one or used one and have comments? Ran a search and couldn't come up with a hit. Thanks!

I own the ATMOS XT BC which is the predecessor to the ATMOS LX. They reoriented the weight pockets on the LX which is an improvement.

I have never encountered the problem that Rand mentioned regarding the hybrid nature of the BC. I find it very stable on the surface and that is coming from someone who previously had a full back-inflate BC that put me face down in the water more than once.

That BC was a ScubaPro KnightHawk which I sold because it was too large after loosing 53 pounds :). When I tried on both a KnightHawk of the correct size (for the now slimmer me) and the ATMOS XT of the correct size I felt that the ATMOS XT fit better.

The owner of the LDS agreed even though he would have made more money selling the ScubaPro KnightHawk.

I hope this is helpful.

If you are new to diving and aren't sure what to get, consider the bp/w. This allows you to grow and can be used for rec or tech.

Did you put any weight in the back trim pockets? This helped me to keep my Atmos LX from dumping me face first on the surface.

I've had my Atmos LX for almost a year now and really like it. It is comfortable and stable. The pockets are a decent size. I usually carry a slate, 120ft. finger spool, and a backup light in them with room to spare. The weight pockets are easy to remove and replace, even while wearing, yet are secure.

I'm not too sure if I buy into the whole "hybrid" label of it though. It behaves like a typical back inflate, especially on the surface, at least in my opinion. If you put too much air in it it will dump you face first in the water. I find it easier to just put in enough air to float me and usually swim on my back on the surface. It's not a big deal as long as you are used to it and your buddy understands this in case of emergency.

As with just about any gear purchase, I'd suggest trying one out, if possible, before buying.

Did you put any weight in the back trim pockets in the BC? This helped me keep my face out of the water on the surface (which I did have a problem with at first) when using my Atmos LX.

Did you put any weight in the back trim pockets in the BC? This helped me keep my face out of the water on the surface (which I did have a problem with at first) when using my Atmos LX.

I did have 4 lbs. in the trim pockets and 6 lbs. in the releasable pockets. I was in a 3/2 full suit in salt water with an AL80. But, after hearing that others weren't dumped face first with this BC, I'm going to revisit my warm water weighting and see if I can fix that.

My trim was good underwater though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom