Venice Dive Report 05/07/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlscozz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Vis: 5-10' @ 16-18 feet
15-20' @ 25-26' feet
Temp: 76-77

Went to service club with bdrannik and we went out past the reef. I found 140 teeth and 1 half a meg. bdrannik found a lot more that me but it was a GOOD time with good vis. We saw a fair amount fish and critters around the reef.
Special thanks to Steve at Florida West for hanging onto my wallet till we were done. (I left it on the counter when I filled my tank). dduuuuhhhhhh.............

I am thinking about going next Tuesday if anyone is interested. Beach or maybe try out the new six pack going to the boneyard.

Good report!

I was diving Alhambra this afternoon. First dive, the seas were flat, and vis was 10-15' @ 16-18 feet. I never passed 18 feet on any of my dives.... Temps were 76-77 for all dives there as well...

I was diving solo, and there were no other divers in the water at Alhambra. I made 4 - 45-55min. dives, 690 teeth, three partial megs, and a large Hemi...

teeth2.jpg

Glad you all had fun! That's what it's all about :14:

i went with arisa kat charters to the bone yard today. we found a few small megs and a couple of partial larger ones. all in all it was a good itme and i suggest u use him if u think about going.

If u twist my arm real hard i would be willing to go tuesday.

Here's a few photos from the dive this morning with dlscozz. The vis wasn't too great at the beginning of the dive (when photos taken) but cleared up nicely later on.

This was my first time seeing the artificial reef/culverts at Service Club, they were interesting. They were about 4' in diameter - easily passed through.

Anybody know what the creature is in photo #2?

Attachments

• IMG_8060.JPG
    IMG_8060.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8065.JPG
    IMG_8065.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8058.JPG
    IMG_8058.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8076.JPG
    IMG_8076.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_8050.JPG
    IMG_8050.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 64
I never passed 18 feet on any of my dives....

Some of us need more exercise and require longer daily surface swims - unfortunately I've
gotten less aerodynamic in shape since my avatar photo. :wink: I'm going to swim out to the
boneyard one of these days...

Oh, I was also surprised by a Guitarfish! I've never run into one at VB (I didn't have my camera for that one, but I would have liked to get a pic of it, darn)...

106US13_guitarfish_.jpg

Here's a few photos from the dive this morning with dlscozz. The vis wasn't too great at the beginning of the dive (when photos taken) but cleared up nicely later on.

This was my first time seeing the artificial reef/culverts at Service Club, they were interesting. They were about 4' in diameter - easily passed through.

Anybody know what the creature is in photo #2?
Good pictures, good report and a good time had by all... You can't beat it!

PICT00046.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom