OMS IQ Pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering going to an OMS IQ Pack with a SS backplate and STA. Does anyone dive that combination or have any pros and cons? Thanks

hi there, i have been using the IQ pack for about 45 dives already most in tropical water, personaly i love it. my set up is with the IQ pack with 45 lbs bladder a Al pate and a sta. but due to the weight usually i leave out the sta and plate as the IQ pack could be use without them. as it can be quite heavy to carry when finish the dive. the other reason that i like my pack is it still looks as new after the 45 dive.
when i leave out the al plate and sta, i just secure the bladder with a nomal flat screw and nut. with the cam band through the bladder and pack.thats is because for single tank the IQ pack does not need a back plate.and the 35lbs bladder seems better for single tank. cause i dont really fully inflade my 45lbs after surfacing or jumping in.i am a heavy person and i dont really need to fully inflade the bladder if you are a average size person then i think the 35lbs single is more then enought
the only thing that i feel is that i cant share it with my wife now as she has just join diving cause the size are not adjustable. if you have a partner i will feel that a single webbing set up will be better as its more adjustable with size and can really share it.
thats how i feel. how its good enought suggestion for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom