Lemonade from Lemons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedWingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, my dreams of a cool trip to the Keys in August and potentially introducing some friends to diving have come to a crashing end. Too many obstacles just got in the way, and ultimately our friends couldn't commit to anything. But, instead of crying about it, we've retooled our trip into a visit to my folks in Port St. Lucie and then taking the kids up to Orlando.

Considering my dive options in those places, I decided that as much as I enjoyed DiveQuest in EPCOT before, I'd really rather hit the real ocean. So I figure I'll go back down to WPB and revisit the place where I had my first ocean dive-Jim Abernathy's.

Imagine my shock when I found out that Abernathy's is totally booked for the days that I expect to be in the area! What are the odds?:(

Now I'm compiling a list of places to check out in WPB based on searching these forums. I thought about Jupiter since it's a little bit closer to St. Lucie, but I'm seeing that that's better suited for someone with an AOW certification. I think I'd rather stay with the shallower reefs in WPB. Besides, there's always something about going back to where you first dove! That said, my research list is:

Narcosis
Pura Vida
Little Deeper Charters (My understanding from here is that they are now in Riviera Beach, even though the website still lists Boynton)
Ocean Quest

Is there anyone else I left out that I should consider? Of course, personal testimonials and opinions from everyone here are always welcome!

Also, certainly not least, I am but a single diver in a family full of landlubbers, so if anyone is interested in having a buddy on either August 12 or 13th (not sure which day yet), I'd certainly welcome it!

Speargirl and Ms. Paramedic-as much as I had hoped to be down there this year, it looks like it's just not going to happen. But I am gunning for next year because I have unfinished diving business in Key Largo!:D

You listed plenty of good charters out of Riviera Beach but Little Deeper and Narcosis would be my favs.
While Little Deeper's postal address (for their office) remains in Boynton Beach, their boat is definitely in Riviera Beach and their website shows that on the directions page.

If doing more than a single trip out, I'd do one out of Boynton Beach as well. I think you'll love the strong ledge system and healthiness of the reefs.

Is there anyone else I left out that I should consider?

Yes, and I cannot recommend them highly enough, Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach. I'm sure many will chime in here and back me up on this. Kevin is one of the best DM/Ops you'll ever have the good fortune of diving with. He will let you dive to your abilities, doesn't take more than six passengers, has a very comfortable boat and he REALLY knows his way around the reefs. You can check Underwater Explorers out at Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

I have a home in Jensen Beach and I dive with Jupiter dive center . They have a DM in the water with you and it is drift diving,I have an OW cert and Nitrox. The dives are a little deeper the current a little stronger but there are much bigger fish there. JDC is one of the better dive opts I have dove with. Thats my 2cent thats who I would dive with I was there this weekend water temps 77 air temps 85

Yes, and I cannot recommend them highly enough, Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach. I'm sure many will chime in here and back me up on this.

CHIMING IN AND BACKING YOU UP!!! :D

Hey all!

Thanks for the feedback. I have to say, unfortunately for me, that Boynton is out of consideration for now because of logistical reasons. Generally, the day would be set as my wife and kids dropping me off for a dive in WPB and then spending time at the Science Museum and Zoo until they can pick me up. But, that said, I do have a few weeks to figure it out!

From my own experience, I LOVE diving with Narcosis! :thumbs_up:

Good boat, good crew.. never felt really crowded on the boat. Good times, I recommend them!

I have dove with Narcosis several times over the years and had a blast everytime :wink:

I haven't dived with Narcosis for a few years now, but Ray sold the biz to good hands. Take exit 74, get dropped off, and your family can bop down a few miles south on US 1 to West Palm Beachand the museum. You can all eat at the marina afterwards.
If you have a little extra time, the family can drop you off in Boynton and spend a few hours in Delray Beach on Atlantic Avenue. Right near Atlantic and Swinton is Sundy House which is now over 100 years old. I this what my backyard would be like if I had 2 acres to play with and $100 million more in my mattress. The public is allowed to stroll around and gawk at the landscaping and the AWESOME pool. The food's good too, but you'll have to drop a small mountain of money to experience it.

Scuba Diving West Palm Beach Florida with Narcosis Dive Charters
Sundy House Delray Beach Florida FL Palm Beach Boca Raton Hotel – Photo Gallery
Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

Have fun...

When I saw the title, I was thinking, "Hey, what is this guy planning on doing with the lemon sharks???"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom