Dumb Question - How do you measure Hose Length...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have this LDS that has sold me two hoses - and I've taken both back because they were too short.

Do you measure a 24" or a 22" hose from the ENDS (as in from the end of the coupler...) or do you measure it from the inside of the couplers across the black?

Its no biggie on a 7 footer, but I purchased a 22" from the LDS and it was simply too short. I purchased a 22" on line and it was perfect. I held them up - and one was 22" end to end, and the other was 22" across the black.

From that same LDS I just purchased a 24" HP for my not-so-corroded LP OMS SPG (LMNO... :D) and I'm telling you, it looks way too short. Its 24" end to end, and only 20.XX black to black.

I'm hooking it up to my reg tonight, and will don the BP and cylinder, and prance around the house for a bit (can you tell Jaye is gone and I'm Batchin' it tonight...? I'm so lame) but it just looks way too short.

K

The SPG hose on this rig can't be 24". I just mine put it on, and it seems way short - it barely reaches the left D-ring on the ACB.

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/OW_rig2_r.jpeg

I have attached a shot I just took. Is it supposed to be this tight? To look at it, I sort of unclip is and run it tight under my left arm. I hope I can do this with the suit on.

Scary.

The 24" hose is for use with doubles where it comes off the left post.

You are using a 24" on a single which puts it 4" to the right... and too short.

Get at least a 28" hose for use with a single :D

#%^$&@* Halsyon site has a singles hose kit witha 24"

Oh well - yet again I return to that LDS and return yet another hose. :D This'll be nice.

They're gonna spear me to the door post next time I walk in there...

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Halsyon site has a singles hose kit witha 24"
I saw that.

Shane and I have 32" SPG hoses on our single rigs because that is what I had on hand... however it would be better if they were 28"~30".

I have a 24" on my mud puddle rig (backpack with steel 72) but I need to replace it with a longer one.

It is waaaay to short and while I can pull it up in front of my face... I have a hard time focusing on something that close anymore :D

Back
Top Bottom