The Ultimate Dive Computer...

Which computer would you choose???

• DIve RIte Nitek He

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • OMS/Delta P VR-3

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, here it is... I'm looking for your opinions, comments and suggestions about these two computers.

Has anyone used them for diving, first of all, how many dives do you have on it, and why do you like it or hate it???
What are some of the features that you really like about either computer.

What would you choose Dive Rite NItek He or OMS/Delta P VR-3???

If you're diving CCRs it's either HS Explorer or DeltaP VR3. Both are available with online ppO2 calculation. The Dive Rite is a good computer with the best customer service, but calculates only fO2. OMS has a miserable reputation where the VR3 is concerned, DeltaP is much better. So unless your willing to get it straight from Europe, either HS or Dive Rite's the way to go. The HS lets you choose different algorithms, which can be handy as you can arrange your deco profile around your specific dive, and has by far the best display of any dive computer I've seen.

Latest VR3 software upgrade allows you to change the size of the letters/numbers on the display

I find it really readable anyway

I love my VR3

and the VR3 is $2300. Kind of puts it in a price class by itself compared to the others.

Does anyone have pricing info for the Nitek He yet? Just wondering what the wallet hit will be. If the He gets anywhere near the same reviews I have seen for the Nitek 3 it will be a hit. Plus I think it supports the Dive Voyager software package that Dive Rite purchased last year which means you can plan the dive, download the plan to the computer and cut backup tables. I know the HS/Abyss Explorer has this function as well but I have a feeling the Nitek will be at a lower price point.

$995 from Dive Rite Express, includes shipping. That is probably MSRP. They say they have them, line forms right here.

That price is rediculous, I've seen them for around $1500 (without CCR link, with it the price is about right).
Contact Madmole above, he has some place that carries them for less than $1500. He's the guy to talk to about that computer.
How to work them, where to get them, etc. :D

Divers Supply said $750ish for the Dive-Rite.I played with it for 1/2 an hour.Seemed intuitive and logical in it's set-up .I got eveything doe and set without a manual.Should be easier with one.PO2 alarm seems to only have 1.4 or 1.6 as setpoints .I'll wait another year it looks like.At least my brain won't start rotting yet:wink:

Back
Top Bottom