Back to Alaska! Whittier Sat 5/24 & Sun 5/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I love Alaska too much to stay away for too long. I'll be diving Whittier Sat 5/24 & Sun 5/25 to do some diving. I'll be arriving on the 8:30 tunnel each day and diving at least 2 dives. If anyone cares to join me or have me join their team, let me know.

I loved the dives although I did not get a chance to experience them with anyone else. I dove solo both days, but enjoyed looking at the Nudibranchs and the incredible diversity of Gunnels. Everything seemed to be enveloped in Kelp. The Tomcod were looking at me like I was going to be their next meal. They seemed to be attracted to what my light shined on (tiny shrimp everywhere). Water was 45F both days, air temp 41F Sat with rain and light wind & 37F on Sun with some sunshine. Tidal change was extreme as evident on the drive down Cook Inlet. The sand bars on the mud flats were eroding into the water.

I played tourist and stopped to take some shots of the reflections at Portage Lake. I even stopped at the Wildlife Conservation center for a quick look at the Wood Bison and a few Moose.

Back
Top Bottom