Destin Jetties dive report 5/9/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I debated going for a dive today because I awoke with a back spasm in full cramp this morning. I took some naproxin and hit the heating pad to loosen things up. I was rewarded for my efforts by getting a great parking spot! I took the sand yacht in by way of the hard pan again. When I got the gear laid out I tested the water and it felt warmer than the last dives. I thought I'd be brave and hit the water without the hood-vest for the first time this year. Little did I know that I would be seeing two guys diving in trunks with not even a t-shirt on!!!!! They must be in that polar bear club or something. Water temp was 74 degrees and I did fine with the 3mm full suit. Viz was up a little, 20-25 feet with a silty haze. On the second dive the clouds came over and viz dropped some. There were strange currents today. There was a push coming off the entry beach, a push in from the Gulf at the point, and push toward the beach on the south side of the jetty. Rocks were covered with sand everywhere. There were schools of blue runners, spades, and grey snapper. Several grouper out today as well. Crabs are brooding eggs now, both blue and stone. There seems to be a decreased number of hermit crabs - I've only seen a couple this year. Here is a slideshow, just click the picture:

very nice

I would have been there that day, but my dive buddy bailed again. i gotta start making him rent the buoy...

3 attempts in a row so far and no sucess :(

Looking forward to blowing bubbles.

I suggest buying a flag... your gonna end up paying for it in multiple rentals anyway.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom