Pressure pot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have a pressure pot in the boston area? Looking to test something to see if it is dive-worthy.

--L

I have to ask, what's a pressure pot?

Presssure Cooker ?
No don't do it!

First off, a pressure pot is a dive shop apparatus for subjecting gear to the pressure of depth for testing. 60 PSI equals about 2 AT or 60 feet for example. I think some have a window so you can observe something like depth gauge. Other items may go in a water bath and be checked for leaks afterwards.

Don't try to make on from a domestic pressure cooker. They operate at 1 about ATA MAX. and if you override the safeties they will reach a failure point.

I'm not sure who has them. I do think Aqua Dive Academy in Portland does.

Pete

i know some people make them themselves out of old scuba tanks...

i have a light that I want to test to find out if it will withstand pressure without flooding/breaking...

If you find a DIY pressure pot be sure to fill it as full as you can with water. The remaining space or air you pump in will be in a limited amount as if a failure does occur, no dramatic explosion will occur. The more air vs water that is used, the greater the failure event will be.

lord- care to share your project with some pictures?

Back
Top Bottom