FS - Leak Detector for Video Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reefwalker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Last year a friend of mine lost a top-of-the-range camera; to what was initially a minor flood that went un-noticed on a night dive. When the water finally reached vital parts of his camera it was too late and the camera was damaged beyond repair.
So I was asked if I could design a compact circuit to detect moisture/water and warn photographers before an impending disaster.
I am now manuafacturing a self-instal Leak Detector for many underwater camera and video housings. The unit gives early warning of the slightest moisture (or water) gathering inside of the housing.
The warning is by way of a flashing Hi-Intensity LED (Light Emitting Diode) that is placed near the camera’s Viewfinder or LCD screen (easily seen when taking/reviewing photos or looking at the rear of the housing), alerting the photographer to an impending disaster. The photographer can then surface before the housing accumulates enough water to damage the camera.
The Leak Detector is very-very sensitive, detecting the slightest amount of moisture on two copper sensor strips that sit in the lowest part of the housing, (just breathing on the sensor will turn-on the LED). The unit is small and fits into many styles of digital camera and most video housings including;
• Ikelite: All Video housings
• Others: Where there is sufficient room, most larger housings will accept a Leak Detector. I have now manufacured for Gates & Nimar Video Housings and custom units for various one-off Housings.

The Leak Detector is designed for each individual housing and comes with simple instructions for self-installation. Each unit is supplied complete with a battery and all necessary components for you to instal in around five minutes - without tools.
If I haven't manufactured for your housing before, all I will need is a couple of e-mailed photos of your housing & video and I will manufacture a custom unit - if there is room for the components.
Leak Detectors are available direct from me at my website Leak Detector Home Page
The finished unit can be posted anywhere around the world for between US$60 to US$70 depending on your location.
Payment is by Paypal or Western Union. e-mail me for enquiries at sealink@iinet.net.au

Leak-Detector-Animation.gif

VideoLeakDetectorFitted.jpg

VideoLeakDetectorOn.jpg

This is a great idea. I just shelled out $1800 in repairs for my Canon GL2 camera, and a leak detector would have at least gotten my attention to a problem in time. I'm going to check out your website!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom