What type of Dive Boat do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hanna_banana

Reaction score
Banca? Dingy? Speed boat? Yatch? Why?

I personally prefer the banca. It may be slow (I am not in a hurry anyway). It may not be as luxurious as a yatch. I like it because I can hang on to the outrigger while waiting for everyone to get on or off the boat (depending if we are starting or ending the dive).

Then again... some more speed and luxury will not hurt.

speed boat, 2 4 stroke engines, nice shaded top..

Same here...I hate the time wasted travelling between dive sites.

did I forget to mentions bikinis?

As long as you're not the one wearing them mate...:wink:

bangka. A nice spacious one like Buboy's or Polaris' bangka. It's the ambience that I like.

I kind of like them for the ambience as well. Faster wouldn't be bad though...:D

I like to go out with a inflatable boat with a semi fibreglass hull. To go with that: 2 x 85 horsepower Yamaha outboard motors to do a surf entry with 10 divers on board with feet in feetstraps and clinging on for dear life!! The names for these boats.... Black Pearl and
Chaka Zulu.

I kind of like them for the ambience as well. Faster wouldn't be bad though...:D
True, true. It doesn't matter for SIs since you have to off gas anyway, but the trip out to dive sites it can be a pain and time wasted. As long as I get my 3-4 dives / day, I'll be happy. The best is having my portable stereo and ipod blasting. :)

The worse culprit for a slow bangka I've taken is Discovery Diver's Bangka in Coron. Heading to and from Gunther's Cathedral took a while! Mind you, the view was breathtaking, but it would have been nice to be a bit quicker - we barely made 3 dives that day.

Speed boat with an outrigger will be nice. Or a banca with 2 outboard motors. Is this even possible? Hihihihihihi!

Back
Top Bottom