pO2 problems with Nitek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medic0506

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove for the first time since January today (it gets cold in RI; no dry suit) and a few minutes into my shallow dive (max was 35') my pO2 alarm was going off. Reviewing the log shows dive time of 35 minutes at max depth of 35' with a mix of --% (aka air). Anyone seen this before or have any idea why it hapened? Thanks for your help.

If the mix shows --% the FO2 was 99%. You must of had a mix of 22% or more for the last dive you did so at midnight of that day it reset to 99%. You just need to set the mix to 21% and all will be fine, it is in you manuel.

Ah, thank you. I did do a 35% mix on my last dive in January. Wow, what a great safety feature. Should have read the manual more better. Thanks for your help.

If you have it set to the 12-hour clock option, another way to prevent this problem in the future is to use the 24-hour clock. This prevents you from diving at 12 noon when your computer thinks it's 12 midnight!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom