Downloading dives from Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pavao

Contributor
Reaction score
hi everyone, i'm new here and have a question, hope this is the right place, thanks for your attention!!!

i have an oceanic versa pro PDC and just got a USB cable to download my dives to my PC, installed all softwares and tried to download following all instructions but got a "time out" message, according to oceanic's web site FAQ this happens because of a not so well connection between the USB cable and the PDC, oceanic recomends checking for proper connecting, check for debris and corrosion but everything looks just fine and i still can't download my dives.
i have read reviews on the cable that states it's poor connection and peopple say they solved it by holding the cable in place while downloading the dives, well i couldn't even get it to start the download, i'm very well cordinated too, tried a bunch of diferent positions but no luck.
has anyone encountered similar problem that could show me the way?
thank you very much guys!!!

My problem with the Versa Pro is that it downloads only some of the dives, currently dive 1 and 8 and the information isn't correct. I can read more dives off the computer and the maximum depth, etc. but this information doesn't get d/l. Ideas?

1. Versa Pro was purchased in Apr 2003 (was seen by tech for annual Mar 09)
2. Oceanic software is 2.2.4 (ran update which said this was the latest) no previous version
3. s/w log interval 15 sec
4. Computer shows the following:

Dive no. date
8 4/5
7 4/5
6 4/5
5 4/5
4 4/5
3 4/5
2 4/5
1 4/5

4 4/4
3 4/4
2 4/4
1 4/4

1 2/29
1 2/22
2 2/5
1 2/5
1 1/28
1 9/19
1 9/24
3 9/16
2 9/16
1 9/16
1 9/15
5 9/10

Dives which show up in the pc divelog software are dated #1 on 9/16 and #8 on 4/5. Didn't know there were different versions to the cable. Cable purchased about a month ago and it is USB. I assume that it is ver 2.0.

lkpederson, i have the same problem, i have corrected the cable problem, but just some of the data is downloaded, the first time i tried i think it downloaded only like 10-20% of the data, at first i thought it was all that was stored in the PDC but after several dives and a new attempt to download the data, again it was clear that only some dives were transferred to the PC, i can access it in the PDC but it does not download to the PC.
i called the tech support and was instructed on how to solve the problem but it did not work, they asked me to have the PDC do a "dive" for so many minutes (sorry, can't remember how long) after some settings adjustments but still, dives are being left behind, frustrating.
i got tired and bought suunto PDCs, so i haven't used the oceanic versa pro in a while now, but i still would like very much to get that info from it transferred to my PC, so if you guys figure a way to do that i would love to know, thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom