Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Am coming to Sharm in just over a week for the first time and can't wait.
My son is mad about snorkelling and I have had some really good ideas from you guys about where to go. My wife like s to sunbathe while we snorkel so its not that easy to suit all !!! The best places seem to be Ras Um Sid and the latest tip is Sharks Bay. The guy who suggested Sharks Bay said in his post "I would suggest Sharks Bay beach 3". When I get to Sharks Bay is it obvious where beach 3 is or can someone give me any tips on the route to find it when I get to Sharks Bay. If you know of any other beaches with good snorkelling and a sunbed for the wife it wld be ace to hear from you. Thanks so much ur such a friendly bunch of guys. Mark.

I have made two trips to Sharm. Outstanding diving. Both times I dove with Red Sea Diving College in Naama Bay. There are hotels all the way up the coast past the airport. The first time we went, we stayed at the Radisson Resort. They had a nice walkway out to the drop-off where you could snorkle and see ALL the fish. They had a small dive shop there too. It was inconvenient from there to get to town. It was quite a drive. I dove with the college and they would come pick me up in the morning and bring me back to the hotel after the dives. A little bit inconvenient, because I had to wait until they had a vehicle available after picking up divers from the marina and returning us to the shop in Naama Bay. I would recommend a hotel closer to Naama Bay with waterfront property. They can arrange for your wife to snorkle and/or shop, and you and your son can dive or snorkle.

Not real sure where Sharks Bay is, but there is good diving up and down the coast around Naama Bay.

Write me at

alanmayfield@yahoo.com

if you have any other questions.

Alan

Most hotels on the coast have an house reef where you can snorkel when you like. There is a place called El Fanar which charges LE40 entrance but is right on Ras um sid - great for snorkelling.

If you go to a reputable dive centre they will take the family snorkling on a boat whist you dive. Do go to one of the big ones as some are not known for their quality and saftey. I work for Camel Dive so am biased to them but there are others.

The weather is just hotting up and there are Mantas about - great diving and snorkelling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom