Hard hat dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40

Contributor
Reaction score
On June 19th through the 21st the vintage heavy gear guys will be at the Brownstone Quarry again this year. They will have the legendary MKV along with Kirby Morgan and lots of other heavy gear for certified divers to try. Last year was a lot of fun, and a rare opertunity for sport divers to try out some fantastic heavy gear. Frank, at the quarry, has also built a new ramp to the right side of the promontory that drops directly to water level, and onto the docks. It will make it MUCH easier to enter the water now, and you can just do a stride right in. the distance you have to carry your stuff is now cut in half!

thanks for the info, I unfortunately had to miss the event last year so am excited to try to make it this time. Did I hear correct that the vis went to nothing pretty quickly once a number of ppl got in the water? Recommend coming early?

thanks for the info, I unfortunately had to miss the event last year so am excited to try to make it this time. Did I hear correct that the vis went to nothing pretty quickly once a number of ppl got in the water? Recommend coming early?

The vis gets mucked up for sure, but it actually seems to settle pretty quickly, and is not too bad as a whole. I was so excited to be in a MKV, that I hardly noticed! It is a first come first served basis, so getting there early and getting on the list is advised.

Excellent! I was missed the one last year so I was really hoping they'd do it again! Those pictures you posted last time were just downright cool!

Excellent! I was missed the one last year so I was really hoping they'd do it again! Those pictures you posted last time were just downright cool!

Chris, in your honor, I will be sure that emergency medical staff is in place to treat what will be without doubt, an intensive case of FWP, or "fresh water poisoning" Frank has agreed to rub you down nekked with sea salt. I told him it was'nt necessary, but he insisted he be nekkid when doing it.

Chris, in your honor, I will be sure that emergency medical staff is in place to treat what will be without doubt, an intensive case of FWP, or "fresh water poisoning" Frank has agreed to rub you down nekked with sea salt. I told him it was'nt necessary, but he insisted he be nekkid when doing it.

Thanks! I appreciate you looking out for me! :D

nice Chris, we can finally do a dive where it's less than a half hour for me and an hour and a half for you :D. There's some pretty neat stuff to see and as noted, Frank is always adding to the "inventory" in the quarry. Heck, the zip lines are worth the trip by themselves. I heard so many cool stories and saw all the great pics from last year I've been dying to try out the MKV.

Drag Ed along and I'll bring the helluva dip (which I actually tried this weekend)

Sounds like this is one of the places you'll have to drag me to when I come out to visit in June bro. What are water temps like in late June, early July?

Helluva dip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom