Any Hollis BCD reviews yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-mac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone tested, or know of any in-water reviews for, the new Hollis BCDs ? I saw them at the DDE exhibition at Lago Maggiore (Italy) at the weekend and they look pretty nice.
They seem to be taking an i-phone marketting approach, though, since I haven't seen any reviews since their 'launch' last year.

thanks
Fraser

I have sold quite a few of the ATS and dove on myself. Had an OW student in the water with one last weekend and he too loved it. I have an Oceanic Excursion, but Im going to be upgrading soon to the ATS. For the low price tag, you cant find another comparable BCD. Very sturdy design, plenty of air dumps(shoulder and rear) more than enough d-rings for anything you could do, crotchstrap, everything you need and for a mere $464 you really cant beat it.

I will see if I can get some of those that ahve them to post some reviews....

Thanks DRIS! Good to here as i just bought it, hopefully wont be too long b4 its here and I to can leave a review!

I have a couple questions about the Hollis ATS and HTS
ATS - can this bc be used with doubles?
HTS - is that an integrated weight system at the sides of the waist?

I am not sure which on to go with?

I just looked at the ATS and don't see any way to bolt them on. Why cut corners. If you plan on going to doubles get the right tool for the job. Either the Switchback, Elite, or Solo with the apprpriate wing for the tanks you'll be using. And don't forget any wing that says it will do both doubles and singles might but it won't do it well. If you plan definitely on doing doubles get the 25 or 38 for singles and the 55 for doubles. That will handle most anything. And if this is the case I'd go for the Solo or maybe the Elite although I don't care for the quick releases.

I have a couple questions about the Hollis ATS and HTS
ATS - can this bc be used with doubles?
HTS - is that an integrated weight system at the sides of the waist?

I am not sure which on to go with?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the questions. The ATS is a back inflate BCD designed for use with single tanks. While we were toying with the idea of designing it to be used with doubles, we left that to our BP/W configurations. Depending on harness preference and lift requirements, those will offer you a better platform for double tanks that a single tank bc will not.

The HTS is one of the harness systems we carry, which is also known as a backpack style harness. The 10lbs QLR weight pockets are optional and can be purchased through your dealer.

Best Regards,

guess not.
Price in Europe for the ATS is around 550 Euros (870 US) and not many places have it yet, so I guess next time.

guess not.
Price in Europe for the ATS is around 550 Euros (870 US) and not many places have it yet, so I guess next time.

Hi SeaMac,

MSRP on the ATS is $550 US, this includes Europe also. If you have seen a misprint somewhere please let us know.

Please contact italy@hollisgear.com for a list of new Hollis dealers in your area.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom