Review of the Liquivision X1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep....I have been looking at that for some time now. I like the computer...but I don't like the non-replaceable/rechargable battery. If they ever come out with a model that offers a user replaceable battery I would consider it. I think the "advantage" cited around "no battery compartment to flood" is a bit weak.

Well I have been diving the X1 for a month now.
I have fallen in LOVE !!

Why do you want changeable batteries
They last 20 hours on a charge
Lifetime is 10,000 hours, thats an awful lot of diving..

Cheers
Chriso

Cheers
Chriso

Well at the moment their warranty only lasts for 1 year for the unit including battery. Several batteries have already failed. Yes they fixed the problems quickly & efficiently. What happens if your battery fails at 18 months, that's not a lot of diving & long way off 10,000 hours. You get to buy a new one.

Yes, they have been saying that they are looking into extending the warranty on the battery or making it a factory replacement. They've been saying this for quite some time but to my knowledge they haven't actually done anything. I'd love to hear that these changes have already been made & have had their warranty updated.

If they ever actually do anything that I think will make my AU$2000 investment safer I'll give you a call & order 1.

"Why do you want changeable batteries
Lifetime is 10,000 hours, thats an awful lot of diving.."

And and you are wondering why I want something with a user-changeable battery? The unit costs around 1700 dollars US without the firmware...and when the battery dies you buy a new unit? Sorry...not going there no matter how good the thing is. Besides...I don't think there is much arguing that "rated 10,000 hours" is probably the high end of it's life...and not what the average is.

I dive enough that in time I would be looking at buying a new computer...and to buy one solely because the battery went south? Not a chance.

Last edited:
.....$ 2000 + for a disposable dive computer !!! ??? ...and to think I thought that stupid HydroOptix mask thingy was the dumbest dive gear item so far .......

Well I have been diving the X1 for a month now.
I have fallen in LOVE !!

Cheers
Chriso
Your the bloody Aussie dealer, of course you love it....:dork2:

Back
Top Bottom