LED 500 O rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been trying to order some O rings for the LED 500 handheld light body for 3 months with no luck, DRX sent me this yesterday after I again tried to order some O rings...

..."Truthfully, we have no idea when we will get the o-rings. We have had these on order from Dive Rite for some time now. I'm not sure the size specifications, but I know they are specific dimensions to this light. You can't just use something close, and still get a watertight seal on the light."...

Can anyone at DR advise when they will be getting some or more importantly why has there not been any for over 3 months, without the $1.10 O rings this very nice $460 light is as good as useless.:shakehead:

Thanks

The light comes with 2 perfectly good o-rings which will not fail if you care for, and use the light properly.

I have been trying to order some O rings for the LED 500 handheld light body for 3 months with no luck, DRX sent me this yesterday after I again tried to order some O rings...

..."Truthfully, we have no idea when we will get the o-rings. We have had these on order from Dive Rite for some time now. I'm not sure the size specifications, but I know they are specific dimensions to this light. You can't just use something close, and still get a watertight seal on the light."...

Can anyone at DR advise when they will be getting some or more importantly why has there not been any for over 3 months, without the $1.10 O rings this very nice $460 light is as good as useless.:shakehead:

Thanks

Hey buddasummer,

We have hundreds of the o-rings in stock. Not sure where the problem is. Any of our dealers should be able to order them for you.

Best,
Kathleen

The light comes with 2 perfectly good o-rings which will not fail if you care for, and use the light properly.

Thanks for that reply but it doesnt solve my problem needing some O rings. I need them hence trying to order them.

Kathleen, thanks not sure what DRX is talking about then, although I must say this is not the first time DRX and DR have completely diff info.

2nd time recently ive heard about DRX not being up there with customer support - maybe you should print off DR/Kathleens response here and visit your DRX manager

someone is telling porkies and i suspect its DRX due to their minimal care factor

Thanks for that reply but it doesnt solve my problem needing some O rings. I need them hence trying to order them.

Kathleen, thanks not sure what DRX is talking about then, although I must say this is not the first time DRX and DR have completely diff info.

Hey buddhasummer,

Just spoke with DRX...they actually had those o-rings on order with us and for some reason the o-rings dropped off of our back order list. Once we got the o-rings in stock, DRX never got their order, hence their inventory showed "no availability."

Simple human error. Happens to the best of us. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Kathleen

re my above post, well looks like i have to take the foot out of my mouth!! :lotsalove:

Ooops me too, I just mailed DRX with DR response about the O rings being in stock BEFORE I read the above post. having said that this isnt the first time the left hand seems unsure what the right hand is doing and DRX customer service is not very friendly. "Simple human" error is gonna cost me money, Ive been trying to get these O rings for coming on 3 months, and each time I make an order I have ordered the O rings too as they were never showing as out of stock until about 4 days ago, I only make my orders when they are large as the postage to Japan is very very expensive, I have just ordered almost $500 of equipment from DRX, so now I have to use my CC again to order 4 $1.10 Orings that with postage and CC fee is likely to end up costing me over $40:11: as opposed to $4.40:shakehead: .Thats pretty crappy in my opinion, the error is not mine so why do I need to pay for someone elses mistake, I get that from time to time mistakes happen and I have no problem with that but wheres the customer service? I have sent numerous mails trying to find out about these O rings, my question is if I can locate them in 3 days why could DRX not, why if they, as they said, have had the O rings on order since March did they not a) show them as out of stock on their website and b) contact DR and enquire as to when they were going to get them, instead of replying to me simply saying "we have no idea"...:shakehead: Not impressed at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom