Oceanic computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnerdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
im looking to buy a computer/gauge/compas and im wondering how to choose?
i dove with an oceanic 100 or 200? i think i might like to stick with oceanic? i was looking at the oceanic vt pro. any thoughts? i usually dive cold water <50 degrees and at least for now ill be diving rec limits.

I do not think they make the vt pro anymore so you may be able to find some close out deals on them, it was replace by the VT3. Do you want a A/I or a computer with separate depth gauge and pressure gauge or a wireless system? veo 250 is a good non a/i computer and it comes in a wrist and console model, Pro Plus 2 is their A/I computer everything in one.

I have the oceanic VT3 and an Aeris Elite T3 which is pretty much the same computer with cosmetic difference, both wireless A/I. They both work great, and I am really happy with oceanic, had to send the T3 back for a firmware upgrade, they handle it and got it back to me in 10 days. You can set the computer to be more or less conservative with Oceanic computers. You can do a buddy air check, or if you have multiply transmitter for each tank. It has allot of other nice features. You can also change your own battery. But with the vt pro you will have to get a separate compass. If you go with a console, the Pro Plus 2 has a compass model and the veo 250 console has one.

I would buy another oceanic computer, been very happy with them. :crafty:

I have a buddy that dives an Oceanic computer he is really happy with it. He has used my Aeris download kit (they are made by the same company). I have Aeris XR-2s and have had no problems with them.

I dive the VT3 and am very happy; I dive cold waters, Monterey CA... I purchased the Sunnto Cobra with quick disconnect and compass for my wife, she starts her open water next month...

Only thing, Sunnto is more conservative than Oceanic so I think I will be ending my dives sooner with hers, does anyone know how to make the VT3 more conservative to closely match the Sunnto?

Aqualung is having a great deal on computers so that's why I went with a Sunnto, $200 dollars instant rebate on many of their models...

Leisurepro even brought them down... Oceanic didn't have any sales or else I probably would've went with the AI pro/plus quick disconnect... I want AI and all in one system...

MG

I dive the VT3 and am very happy; I dive cold waters, Monterey CA... I purchased the Sunnto Cobra with quick disconnect and compass for my wife, she starts her open water next month...

Only thing, Sunnto is more conservative than Oceanic so I think I will be ending my dives sooner with hers, does anyone know how to make the VT3 more conservative to closely match the Sunnto?

Aqualung is having a great deal on computers so that's why I went with a Sunnto, $200 dollars instant rebate on many of their models...

Leisurepro even brought them down... Oceanic didn't have any sales or else I probably would've went with the AI pro/plus quick disconnect... I want AI and all in one system...

MG

It is pretty easy to change it on the vt3, you can go to the set A menu and adjust the NIBG or you can go to the Set N menu and set the cons to on.

Did you call LP for the price of the oceanic. It is better to call about certain products.:)

I have a ProPlus 2 and it seems to be a great computer.

Unfortunately I don't like having a hose mounted computer anymore, and I don't need the AI features.

I have a Veo 250 and really like it. Oceanic had a trade-in deal in which they gave me something like $100 for trading in my old Mares (which I absolutely hated).

I liked my 250 so much that I traded in my wife's computer for one.

It's easy to navigate, battery replacement is pretty straight forward, I can do nitrox....

I've got about 30 dives on it so far and am happy.

The only thing that I don't like is that the nitrogen loading graph is a little small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom