Soft Weight Sucks!!! Where to Buy Rubber Coated Hard Weight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Are there any REAL benefit to soft weights?

I am currently using soft weights. I am tired of all those lead dust in my bc pocket. Not to mention those dust aren't safe for anyone. Plus I am tired of finding tiny tiny lead shot here and there.

Looking to buy some rubber coated hard weights. Can some link me to an online retailer that sells them. Thanks.

Are there any REAL benefit to soft weights?

I am currently using soft weights. I am tired of all those lead dust in my bc pocket. Not to mention those dust aren't safe for anyone. Plus I am tired of finding tiny tiny lead shot here and there.

Looking to buy some rubber coated hard weights. Can some link me to an online retailer that sells them. Thanks.

I think the fact that you have soft weights is not the problem. The problem is the quality of the soft weights you pruchased. My family of three dives all used SeaSoft soft weight and do not expereience the problem you mentioned above. The SeaSoft soft weights are encased in heavy duty neoprene not cloth or nylon bags.

I think the fact that you have soft weights is not the problem. The problem is the quality of the soft weights you pruchased. My family of three dives all used SeaSoft soft weight and do not expereience the problem you mentioned above. The SeaSoft soft weights are encased in heavy duty neoprene not cloth or nylon bags.

You might have a case here. Neopene does sound like a winner.

I have two sets of soft weight.
Sea Pearls
and
Marine Diving

Both share the same problem. Both are in EZ drain mesh bag.

you have a case, no doubt. makes a good reason to switch to a BP/W too. Lead, no matter how it is configured, is not comfortable in large amounts.

Back
Top Bottom