Manado and Lembeh Budget Accoms.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
Indo SB`ers , I am fortunate enough to have some time to go on a trip to Manado and Lembeh area . I am a simple person ... a fan , fresh water , electricity to power the batteries for the underwater camera ... and the best deal on multiple dives , best house reef dives , best budget oriented dive op`s . I know it`s an expensive venture ... but I also know there must be others here , who seek the most dives / quality for the money . I would love to stay at KBR bought can`t afford it . Is there local options for the budget constricted ... Hehehehehe :wink: . Thanks Kevin

Ask a travel professional--I'm sure one could steer you in the right direction.:wink:

Kevin, reading your posting I suddenly realized that we are probably offering the the cheapest diving without ever having the intention to do so. We wanted to offer the best, not the cheapest! However with our non limit package you can dive as often and whenever you want. Nobody can beat that. Rob, Divers Lodge Lembeh

Hi 415Gem,
you can inform yourself about assorted samples of resorts on Bunaken and then you have to find out which one is meeting your desires best.
I have been visiting and diving on Bunaken since 6 years now. On my website you’ll find a lot of information and advice, among others the description of 8 resorts with a price range from 8 US $ to 85 US $ p.P.p.N.
If you have read all these information and you need further advice, you can feel free to contact me.
Greetings

Most of the low cost resorts are quoting cash prices.

To use a credit card there is usually a surcharge of 4 or 5%. And often that transaction has to be done in the city office if the resort is on an island.

Remember that often ATMs have locally imposed limit on the amount of money you can take out per 24 hours.

When there are more than one ATM at a bank, often one will offer small bills and the other large bills.

Never use a credit card in an ATM (unless someone back home will make sure it gets paid off immediately) because your bank will immediately charge you a very high rate of interest for cash advances or credit card ATM withdrawals. Use a debit card.

Often there are per use charge by the local ATM so try and get the max. that you can get if you can use it. Add to that charges by your bank and the fees can add up.

Be sure to save enough local currency for your international departure tax (about US$ 8 to 10), payable after check-in in Indonesia. Every airport has a different tax and as of 2007 the tax was not included in the ticket as it is in most countries. In Manado after check in, just before you go upstairs to immigration and the departure lounge there is a booth where you pay.

Hi Kevin. I dove with NAD-Lembeh (Nomad Adventure Divers) last October and had a really good experience. They're a pretty small op located in a little cove, across the strait from Bitung. The entire setup was not fancy but the rooms were comfortable (with/out aircond depending on your preference), clean en suite bathrooms with hot showers and decent water pressure, pretty good food and nice staff. They have a little camera room with stable electricity where you can recharge recharge batteries. There wasn't a reliable internet connection while I was there but that might have changed since.

I dove with the same DM (Yopi) during my week-long stay and he was great. Other divers went with different DMs but judging from the stories and photos people were bringing back, everyone had great dives. The owners, Jo and Sandra, were very nice and accommodating, but let everyone have their privacy. I recommend the place without hesitation.

NAD-Lembeh Resort, diving in Lembeh Strait, North Sulawesi.
Paul's Site - Lembeh Strait, 10.2007
(a brief description of my trip with some snapshots)

Well, that's my two cents. Wherever you end up, have a fantastic time!

- Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom