Zeagle Ranger: Changes over the years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking at used Rangers and there seem to be slight differences between various examples I've seen online. Some have 2 D rings on the shoulders and some have 4. Some have an elastic feature to keep the wing streamlined, some do not. Can someone give me some pointers on how to tell what vintage a Ranger is by looking at pictures?

The Rangers with 4 D rings are the ltd. - IMHO too many bells and whistles skip them.

I have never seen a Ranger bladder with elastic (bungee?) before. Some of their wings do have elastic material but that is not the std ranger wing.

You might ask the mods to move your post over to the Zeagle forum as Scott Lake from Zeagle reads it regularly and might be able to give more info.

I'm not sure my post should be moved to the zeagle forum, as I'm looking to purchase one used. the picture of the current model ranger does show 4 D rings on the shoulders. The elastic feature I'm talking about may not be that. There are clips on each side on the wing (bladder) which attach to the back of the harness. What is that for? I thought the function was similar to a bungee.

There are clips on each side on the wing (bladder) which attach to the back of the harness. What is that for? I thought the function was similar to a bungee.

It is similar, and is on a lot of Zeagle BCs.

The Ranger does have 4 d-rings on the shoulders. The clips just keep the bladder in closer to the harness when inflated. Un-clipping them makes it easier to put the weight pouches in also.

So there you go new rangers 4 rings on the shoulders, older ones like what I had only 2. And as was mentioned the clips help keep the wing in close when it is not inflator. However, they do not act like bungees which compress the wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom