Speargun wraps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically you want the line to extend to the effective range of the gun. On a my Riffe 3x I shoot a single wrap but the line is attached to the end of the spear. This adds the length of the spear to the single wrap. Since the Biller uses a slide ring you lose that distance. I think the slide ring also slows the spear down a little as well. I think I've heard of biller spears with rear attachment points. Otherwise I would suggest 2 wraps and upgrade to 5/8" bands to get some extra power.
Oh yeah, use mono line not the string that biller's tend to use.

Learn to freeshaft.
You will become more selective, a better shot, have longer range, be more accurate.

Get a bigger gun!

should i have two string wraps or one wrap for my spear gun a 48 ab biller

Like fl-diver said. Use two, do it with mono line (the BLACK mono line- I use 400), and you will be able to get your effective shooting length from your gun. Don't worry about the freeshaft GOD's right now, they like to chime in whenever possible.

Learn to freeshaft.

I'm in agreement with freeshafting too.

But if you are going to use the gun and line system, you might also consider replacing it with a Spearfishing Specialties speed loader system. The advantage to the system is that with a single hook on the trigger release and stretch of the centerpoint muzzle rubberband you will do a double wrap line in the time of a single wrap.

Reload time is crucial to putting more fish on the boat. A quick google search will give you several sources of the speed loader system. I think it's $20 at most LDS's.

Kevin's picture here shows you how the yellow rubber band on the line hooks to the muzzle hook so you don't have to spend time wrapping the fabric line in loops.

speedload1.jpg

Here is a picture of the actual kit and it's easy to install.

speedloadmono.jpg

Remember it's all about shot placement and then you'll lose the line. \

Ohh yaa, it's the SpearBoard Open this weekend!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom