Aeris and Oceanic.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danemeyer20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know they are the same company but i just wanted to make sure there were no functional differences before i decided on a product. Just so im clear.......

Aeris Epic = Oceanic Atom 2.0

Aeris Elite T3 = Oceanic vT3

Aeris AI is pretty much the same thing as the Oceanic Pro Plus

Im looking at the Elite or VT3, any reason at all for taking one over the other no including visual aspects?

Also, the transmiters cross over brands correct? Would an old transmiter off of an Oceanic VT pro work for these? thanks

Operation is the same - display digits and cosmetics differ a bit - I'm sure that you'll find that some prefer one over the other, for different reasons - I'll leave that to users to comment.

The transmitters are compatible - however, the VT Pro is a generation behind - a bit shorter transmission distance, which will offer a bit less consistent linking than the current version.

The only non cosmetic difference between the vt3 and the t3 is the vt3 has a time remaining countdown icon on the display. But the t3 is easier to interpret the screens info with it's layout. But next to that there is no difference. I have the T3 my wife has the VT3. The VT3 is the prettier of the two.

The VT3 and T3 transmitter has a greater range. I can buddy check my wife from about 8ft away without any problem. I tried it with a friends VT pro transmitter, I had to be about a 2ft from him to get a good reading.

Both are great, I comes down to which one you like better.

Both the VT3 and T3 are good, you will not go wrong with either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom