Transplate Chafing issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahhz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a transplate harness with a DR SS backplate. On the shoulder pads there is a small patch of velcro, and it's eating away at the anti-chaffing sleeve that's around the straps through the backplate. It was suggested that I may have the pads too far down, but I just can't figure it out. I assembled it according to the directions. This harness has only been on about 6 dives.

You can see in the pic where it's picking at the sleeve, it's actually worse than the picture looks like.
P1010042.jpg

Hi Mahhz,

It sounds like the harness is out of adjustment. You need to push the shoulder pad further up so that the cross piece of webbing is touching the plate. This will mean the Velcro will sit below the top of the plate. This should ensure you do not have any more abrasion.

If you have any more questions or problems do not hesitate to contact us email or call on 386 752 1087.
Best,
Ag

I have a transplate harness with a DR SS backplate. On the shoulder pads there is a small patch of velcro, and it's eating away at the anti-chaffing sleeve that's around the straps through the backplate. It was suggested that I may have the pads too far down, but I just can't figure it out. I assembled it according to the directions. This harness has only been on about 6 dives.

You can see in the pic where it's picking at the sleeve, it's actually worse than the picture looks like.
P1010042.jpg

Kenny, thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me, I really appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom