Hammerhead BP/Harness vs. Halcyon BP/Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sure hard to tell in pictures but:
* Halcyon BP/harness = $255
* HH BP/harness = #186

Both BPs appear the same, both harnesses appear the same as well:confused:

What's the difference? (besides $69).

The main difference, Halcyon has a big name. The smaller difference, I think Halcyon has more quality control

I can understand that concern with a wing, or something, but with a BP and harness:shakehead:....how much QC do you need?

Sure, I may have to deburr that HH a bit but big deal. And harness?? 2" straps and SS d-rings are ...2" straps and SS d-rings.

So you might say; "then why the post...you already answered your own question!":lotsalove::wink:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something

the price for the hammerhead you have includes the 5# STA, which Halcyon doesn't for that price.. so it's more like $120 difference. and still only the biggest difference really, up to a certain extent of harness and D ring material.

But the H's sure are pretty!! but still not worth 255

with this in mind, if you are interested.. i might be looking to sell my hammerhead BP (w/o handles full 6#) and harness for $110 shipped.

The Halcyon harness comes with blue H's. Easily worth $69. :eyebrow:

John (DSS owner and resident troublemaker)

Sure hard to tell in pictures but:
* Halcyon BP/harness = $255
* HH BP/harness = #186

Both BPs appear the same, both harnesses appear the same as well:confused:

What's the difference? (besides $69).

The major difference is that the Halcyon harness has pretty blue "H"'s on the Harness! The second difference is that you are going to have to do a bit of work with the Hammerhead plates, and STA. They will have some sharp spots on the BP/STA, and they need to be removed/deburred.

For the price one can not beat Hammerhead! :D

spartandir,....PM sent.

the price for the hammerhead you have includes the 5# STA, which Halcyon doesn't for that price.. so it's more like $120 difference. and still only the biggest difference really, up to a certain extent of harness and D ring material.

But the H's sure are pretty!! but still not worth 255

with this in mind, if you are interested.. i might be looking to sell my hammerhead BP (w/o handles full 6#) and harness for $110 shipped.

Blue H's.....I'd pay a solid $1 for those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom