RG2010 reg warranty service procedures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My primary second stage (RG2010) has been acting up. It's been hard to breathe, and it freeflows too easily at every setting on the dial. I took it in for a tuneup, and the tech said, "sorry, I can't do anything with it." (the first stage checks out fine, btw.)

The reg is less than 2 years old, and it did have annual service. The warranty should be intact. My question for Dive Rite is this: do I have to go fight it out with the place that did the annual service, or do I move right into warranty service?

The tech that tried to do the tuneup told me that Dive Rite "won't touch" a reg that has been serviced. That sounded BANANAS.

My primary second stage (RG2010) has been acting up. It's been hard to breathe, and it freeflows too easily at every setting on the dial. I took it in for a tuneup, and the tech said, "sorry, I can't do anything with it." (the first stage checks out fine, btw.)

The reg is less than 2 years old, and it did have annual service. The warranty should be intact. My question for Dive Rite is this: do I have to go fight it out with the place that did the annual service, or do I move right into warranty service?

The tech that tried to do the tuneup told me that Dive Rite "won't touch" a reg that has been serviced. That sounded BANANAS.

Bananas doesn't describe it. We end up cleaning up behind quite a few people. Give us a call at 386-752-1087 to get an RMA and we'll make it right.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks a million for the quick reply... this is why I love supporting manufacturers that participate here.

I'm checking with the shop that did the annual, if they'll fix it gratis, I'll let them. They do have a good rep, both places I used do. If not I'll gladly do the RMA. I don't want to stay dry much longer. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom