Uwatec Galileo Sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montage

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up a brand new Uwatec Galileo Sol and I just noticed there is a small bubble floating around in the display. Does anyone know if this is normal for oil filled displays?

Thanks

my husband has the sol and I got the new Terra..neather has the bubble..contact you Scuba Pro dealer and they will advise you and replace if there is a problem....I love my Terra ..and hubby so far loves the sol...the only problem we had was getting organized to get the computor to talk to the device...it involved another $70 to buy the Uwetc infra red reader...I emailed Scuba pro that I felt for the high price of this unit the reader should be included..

The process of oil filling the computer can sometimes leave some air behind in the computer.
This is not dangerous for the electronics or mrchanice, but it can be annoying to see the bubble loat around. Uwatec will refill the computer and then it's ok.

...the only problem we had was getting organized to get the computor to talk to the device...it involved another $70 to buy the Uwetc infra red reader...I emailed Scuba pro that I felt for the high price of this unit the reader should be included..

The Sol can be difficult to get to talk to the PC due to the angle of the IR receiver, however, any $5 IR dongle will work with it - mine cost me less than that from a local electrical store and works fine.

I do have a quesiton about the Sol and deco obligations - please can you help out and take a lookat my other Sol thread? Many thanks,

Snail

I use Vista and XP x64 on two different computers. I found an IR dongle that works with Vista (not many do) for $30, but it does not support XP x64 edition. Take a look at startech.com and search for irda. The StarTech id number is usb2ir2. Since I got this, more have come out that are compatible with Vista. This is $26.99 direct from manufacturer...a bit less on a google search.

Also wondering about maps for the Galileo Sol. Anyone have any luck locating a source for the maps yet? I've tried google and ScubaPro but have not had any luck.

BTW...no bubbles in my Sol.

Hi Divrdrew:

There are no charts or maps available for the Sol. You can import jpg images, but they need to be very general. PM me if you want a template that has a work space, font size, and line width needed to show up.

Dan

FYI.

I had a similar issue with my Sol. I took the computer out of the box, set a few things up, and I saw a small bubble on the screen that was about 1-2mm in diameter. I emailed UWATEC and have had an email chain back and forth.

The response is that it is possible that some air was not purged from the housing when introducing the oil. This sounded like it was normal. Also, I live at altitude (5000ft). The tech said that at altitude it can create the bubble I have been seeing. He said that if it were more like a dime-size in diameter that there may be something else going on.

So, it sounds like its a cosmetic issues at the most.

Just thought someone else could benefit from this as I was looking for the same thing at one point.

......Also wondering about maps for the Galileo Sol. Anyone have any luck locating a source for the maps yet? I've tried google and ScubaPro but have not had any luck..

Just wanted to let you know that we are starting to create maps for the Galileo Sol.

More on this early next year

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom