Davao to Bitung ( Manado ), Indo ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
PPD SB`ers , Hello , it`s Kevin in S. Phils. ... Dumaguete . I am looking for a way to get from Davao , Mindanao to Bitung , ( Manado , ) Sulawesi area ? I know Merpati and another airline used to fly Silawacki ( SP. ? ) up until last Dec 07 before Christmas . Anyone gone to Manado . I really hope I don`t have to go via Manila ... SIngapore as I am so much closer via Davao . Also ... maybe folks have been to Sipadan ( Sandakan Malyasia ) and have taken boats to Manado , Sulawesi . I can go to Zambogita and get a weesam to Sandakan . Thanks for any help getting to Manado from the S. Philippines . Kevin

This thread might be helpful, has some info from feb 2008 that says you should be able to make arrangements by contacting manadosafaris

If you can, let us know how it goes. I might need to make the hop from davao to manado later this year.

I did the Davao to Manado flight several years ago, but you are correct from what I can gather flights have been discontinued between these two points. Oddly enough, and no ferry's/boats or what travel these waters that allow foreigners to cross into either Indonesia or PI. Let me know if you find a way.

I have sent a request for information about Davao to Manado flights to manado safaris. If I get a reply from them I will post the results here.

It sounds like Merpati has arranged charter flights since Sriwijaya stopped that route in December. I have also sent an email to Merpati asking for info.

Easy to see why Sriwijaya Air stopped running the flights, when I made the trip last year, the plane was nearly empty going both ways.

If you go to Davao, consider doing a few dives there before you leave for Indonesia. Also, 60 day Indonesian visas are available at the consulate in Davao. It only took me 24 hours to have on issued.

I received this reply from Jeremy Barnes at ManadoSafaris.

"Regarding your specific request, we can certainly assist your request for Manado-Davao-Manado or one way flights. Flights from Manado to Davao and return is currently operated by Merpati Nusantara Airlines on a charter basis. Please find the kind of current schedules and rates below:

Manado - Davao by Merpati MZ 9600 07.10 - 08.20
Davao - Manado by Merpati MZ 9601 09.10 - 10.10

One Way Fare : USD 225
Round Trip Fare: USD 350

This was the schedule up until several weeks ago,now they are very inconsistent- however I did read something in one of the on-line Philippines newspapers that talks took place last week that may result in more consistent flights.

If you only require a one way ticket to or from the Philippines, we will require proof of your ongoing tickets from the either country. Otherwise, we cannot issue you a ticket."

Kupu ... Thanks for the investigation . I really appreciate it . Regards

this mean, Now ,no available for Manado from davao??

No ship? , i also asked tourist company in Davao but only charter airplne is available,

and schedule is not sure

this mean, Now ,no available for Manado from davao??

No ship? , i also asked tourist company in Davao but only charter airplne is available,

and schedule is not sure

Hello friend. Currently, the best way to arrange a Manado/Davao flight will be to contact a travel agent representing Merpati Air, they can provide you with the information you need. If they say the flight is not available, request that they call Merpati directly or find another agent.

Inconsistent schedule does not mean the charter flight is unavailable, but does mean a flexible schedule and probably a bit of patience will be required to fly to/from Davao-Manado until regular flights resume.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom