Oceanic ProPlus 2 Vista install problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AcDriver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a new owner of a ProPlus 2. I have installed the USB drivers on my PC running Vista Home Premiem. The found new hardward wizard doesnt' start.:confused:

I can't get my PC to recoginise that the device is connected.

Device manager doesn't show the device.

And suggestions?

BTW. The USB PC ProPlus interface leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. It's a flimsy connection that can physically connect in one of two ways.

And in the spirit of RTFM....I can't figure out how to shut the ProPlus off when I am done playing with it in surface mode. And I can't find the answer in the FM. LOL

I am a new owner of a ProPlus 2. I have installed the USB drivers on my PC running Vista Home Premium. The found new hardware wizard doesn't' start.:confused:

I can't get my PC to recognize that the device is connected.

Device manager doesn't show the device.

And suggestions?

BTW. The USB PC ProPlus interface leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. It's a flimsy connection that can physically connect in one of two ways.

And in the spirit of RTFM....I can't figure out how to shut the ProPlus off when I am done playing with it in surface mode. And I can't find the answer in the FM. LOL

Since you are running Vista Home Premium I am going to make the assumption that you are running the 32-bit version of Vista.

The first thing I would do is to download the latest version of the OceanLog software from he following URL

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

You must uninstall the version you have currently installed before installing the new version. You might even wish to reboot after the uninstall (this might be overkill but could not hurt).

Install the latest version and see if this solves your problem. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate (free upgrade from Vista Business). I have been running Windows Vista since November of last year the first day it was released (I do IT software development for a living).

The only problems I ran into running the Aeris/Oceanic dive computer software and Windows Vista we some early bugs that caused problems when Vista UAC (User Account Control) was shut off.

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks ronbeau,

I have no problem RUNNING that software. I just can't get Vista (yes, 32 bit) to recognise that I have the PDC plugged in. It won't recognise the dive computer or even acknoledge it's there. It's never run the device found hardware program. And it I run it manually it doesn't see it.

I have downloaded and reinstalled that software. Just to show I can follow direction. LOL

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks ronbeau,

I have no problem RUNNING that software. I just can't get Vista (yes, 32 bit) to recognize that I have the PDC plugged in. It won't recognize the dive computer or even acknowledge it's there. It's never run the device found hardware program. And it I run it manually it doesn't see it.

I have downloaded and reinstalled that software. Just to show I can follow direction. LOL

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I have a cleanup dive to go to this morning. I will try to take a look later today and see if I can come up with any ideas.

I agree with the flimsy USB connection on the dive computer. The ATMOS AI connection is also somewhat flimsy. Fortunately the dive computer itself is very well made.

I figured it out.

Frackin' Vista.

I uninstalled the USB drivers, AGAIN, and reinstalled them. This time it took and I have the connection now.....

Thanks ronbeau!

I figured it out.

Frackin' Vista.

I uninstalled the USB drivers, AGAIN, and reinstalled them. This time it took and I have the connection now.....

Thanks ronbeau!

I am glad to hear you go it working.

If you go into Device Manager now you will still not see anything listed for the USB connection under USB in device manager.

You will find it listed under (if it is consistent with mine) Ports (Comm & LPT). It will be listed as 2002 Design, Inc. USB Download Interface (COM3). Your COM port may be something other than COM3.

This might be helpful information in case you run into problems in the future.

My guess as to why it appears here is that the developers utilized a USB to Serial interface as a transition tool when they had the same dive computers being connected via traditional Serial (COM) ports and via USB.

Let me know if you find the same results.

Hi ronbeau,

It's under the USB of Device driver. But it's only there when it's plugged in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom