Oceanic Data Plus module wrist mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pcscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an Oceanic Data Plus computer module w/o a wrist or console mount for it. Does anyone know where I can get a mount for this computer::question:

My LDS ordered an Aeris wrist boot for it that fits perfect. Mostly because the Aeris and Oceanic computers are the same. If your LDS sells either brand they should be able to set you up.

The down side is that it will probably set you back $25 for a rubber cup with a wrist strap. If it weren't for diving, you could probably pick up a similar item for $5. Such is diving, life, etc...

They will also fit in almost any 2 or 3 gauge console mount. I have seen them in LDS for $15-20 (just the rubber part) or if you need a compass and/or a SPG anyway, you can buy 2 or 3 mount mount console, pull the standard depth gauge out and replace it with the Ocenanic. The Gensis computers are the same size also, so you can use one of their consoles as well. Both manufactures make wrist mount consoles so a LDS or mailorder place that handles one of the brands should be able to get you one.

Most "generic" consoles and wrist mounts for "hockey puck" scuba modules are a bit too big for the Oceanic Data Plus. Even the original Oceanic console that housed the Data Sport is too deep for it. Oceanic manufactures two adapters - one for the console originally made for the Data Sport (that one is soft rubber and fits on the bottom of the Data Plus capsule and essentially makes it the same size & shape as the Data Sport - or fits in the bottom of the console mount to make the mount the right size for the Data Plus... depending on your point of view :) ) and another for "generic" mounts (that one is a short hard plastic "tube" that goes around the computer making the diameter bigger and a snug fit in the generic mount). Any Oceanic dealer should have both.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom