Uwatec Aladin Smart Z or Uwatec Aladin Smart Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? No one has any idea of the major differences or can even provide a recommendation for one or the other?

First off, both are discontinued items, no longer in the uwatec catalog, but I would not be surprised if some dive shops still had some hanging around. They have been replaced by the Galileo Sol.

The Smart Z was the hoseless equivalent to the Smart Com, a great single gas nitrox compatible computer with user adjustable conservativism.

The Smart Tec added multi gas switching capabilities, the computer could plan and manage a dive with 3 different nitrox blends and could read 3 tank transmitters.

The new Galileo can handle 3 gasses, can read 4 transmitters (your 3 plus 1 for a buddy), has a built in digital compass that works great, and as they develop new software for it, it is easily upgradeable at home.

First off, both are discontinued items, no longer in the uwatec catalog, but I would not be surprised if some dive shops still had some hanging around. They have been replaced by the Galileo Sol.

The Smart Z was the hoseless equivalent to the Smart Com, a great single gas nitrox compatible computer with user adjustable conservativism.

The Smart Tec added multi gas switching capabilities, the computer could plan and manage a dive with 3 different nitrox blends and could read 3 tank transmitters.

The new Galileo can handle 3 gasses, can read 4 transmitters (your 3 plus 1 for a buddy), has a built in digital compass that works great, and as they develop new software for it, it is easily upgradeable at home.

Excellent, thanks for the reply.

I have found a few places that still have both for sale at relatively the same price. So from the two the Smart Tec is the best choice?

One other difference that prompted me to purchase a Galileo. I have a Smart Tec, and the batteries need to be replaced at the factory (six weeks or so). I had a dive trip coming up, and a battery that needed replacing, to I purchased a Galileo, which has user replacable batteries. Uwatec makes great computers.

Dan

One other difference that prompted me to purchase a Galileo. I have a Smart Tec, and the batteries need to be replaced at the factory (six weeks or so). I had a dive trip coming up, and a battery that needed replacing, to I purchased a Galileo, which has user replacable batteries. Uwatec makes great computers.

Dan

How many dives approximately does the Smart Tec battery last?

Back
Top Bottom